Friday, April 4, 2014

Only one more to go, I think, maybe.

I PROMISE, I'll be done soon with our trip pictures and stories. 

My Island Boyfriend, Max. It all started with "Hello".



He was such a flirt, a moody flirt that is. Sometimes he wouldn't acknowledge my presence and other times he wanted me to scratch the top of his head. It was short lived fling and it was Oh, so nice.

Quotes
"Always bring more underwear than you think you're going to need".

M, in the airport, carrying one bag - "I'm so glad I have an ass".
LT, carrying 4 bags, - "You calling me a dumb ass"?
M - "No, you're the smart one, I'm the funny one".
LT - "You calling me a smart ass"? 
M - "That shouldn't surprise you".



Here are our bags for the WEEK long trip. Can you guess which one is mine and which one is his? 



The highlights of the trip were the two dives we did Saturday afternoon. They were Shark Adventure dives. On the first dive, we saw some huge stingrays, and the largest loggerhead turtle I've ever seen. The second dive was, by far, what made my entire trip worth it, the feeding of the sharks. I got knocked in the back and a fin hit my regulator twice. The dive master held their dorsal fin and tickled under their nose to mellow them out. He knew I was really excited to be on the trip, so he brought one over to me and had me pet the fin and his tail. WOW! It was SO COOL!!! I was in heaven. The 4 other dives we did later in the week were really boring compared to this one. I really can't express how thrilling it was to be surrounded by 30 sharks. Wow, wow, wow. I can't stop thinking about it. On a side note, I was the only girl on the tour. 


You can see 2 sharks in the water here.


There are cannibal birds on the island. LT and I were both entertained and disgusted to see birds on the beach eating chicken bones. The three birds in this first picture were trying to get the bone from the other bird. GROSS!!!



This is the guest bathroom at our hotel. I've seen mirrors like this before. See, I go on and on forever. (There are some irreverent comments I want to make, about this picture, but I won't).


 Most of the bathrooms, aside from the ones on Paradise Island, were itty bitty. This one was clearly made for people without legs. I think there is less than 24 inches from the lip of the bowl to the wall.


Island coconut!!! 




1 comment:

Jadi said...

Looks like such a fun trip!