Monday, January 3, 2011

Another Birthday

I turned 36, and it doesn't seem to fit.

I feel fine and I'm happy with my body, until I look in the mirror. It's bigger and softer than I want it to be. I tell myself it is natures way of keeping me warm in the winter. It is, isn't it?

My skin is older, it doesn't have the youthful plumpness and glow. It has more creases. Even though my body is softer I feel, in some places, I am shrinking out of my skin. Is this what it is to age? I don't notice it in my mind, my self. As long as I don't look at my hands or in the mirror, I am as young as 20.

True, my brain is cloudier and my nimbleness is less, but I'm surely not old, not yet.

6 comments:

Nichole said...

You ARE old! hahaha~We will never be old. Happy for the day to celebrate you. I'll eat a piece of cake for you. What kind?

Jadi said...

Happy Late Birthday! I hope it was a fun one!!

I know exactly how you feel. I still feel like I am in my 20's even though I know I am in my mid thirties. Time just goes by too fast. At least we will all get old together. :)

orangemily said...

No definitely not old. Happy Birthday!

Bonny said...

I know exactly how you feel. In my mind, I still feel exactly the same way I did when I was in high school or college. I see people and think they must be older than I am, only to discover they were born in 1990.

You look fabulous!

Miss M said...

Thanks for your nice comments guys! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Kristi said...

Oh, this post made me laugh! I can say, "ditto" to everything you wrote! I remember as a young girl watching my mom pull at her face in the mirror, straightening her wrinkles. I thought, "how ridiculous and vain." Hmmmm.....guess who does the very same thing, pulling it back, regaining a glimpse of how I looked in yesteryears? 36 year old me!