Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Valentines Day 2012 and Zombies

LT and I have a "tradition" of celebrating Valentines day with an unusual date. One year, we went for the tackiest date and ate at Hooters. Another year we wore all black. This year, we decided to go to a shooting range for our Valentines date. Nothing says I love you more than big bullets and a heavy gun. On our way there we talked about what kind of gun we wanted to use once we got there. I had absolutely NO interest in a 22. LT had shot a lot of 9mm in his combat training for Djibouti. Neither of us knew anything about a 38. During our safety orientation the instructor pulled out the bullets for each gun. I choose the biggest bullet so that meant we ended up with the 38.

IT WAS SO COOL!!!

The gun is a revolver with 6 bullets. I had to cock it each time and line up with the target. I was really nervous at first simply because they scare the crap out of you in the safety class. My first shot hit the upper part of the circle. After I realized it wasn't going to blow up in my face I settled into my groove. I had so much fun shooting. Poor LT was so frustrated because he was struggling with the gun, but the instructor helped him out. I thought it was funny that he was so frustrated. We are both so competitive. I was LOVING that he couldn't blame doing poorly on the gun because we were using the same gun. We laughed about it on the drive home. Okay, I'm gloating a little bit. He said it was okay.

The other thing that is funny about our trip to the shooting range is it relates to our current obsession with a zombie apocalypse. The end of December we watched The Walking Dead and it has caught our imagination. His more than mine, but we do have some fun conversations about survival. I now know I can kick butt with a revolver. So, watch out bad guys.


The other night I took LT to a concert. On the drive home I asked how he enjoyed the music and he said he thought about zombies the whole time. His plan is to get his hands on an industrial wood chipper and herd the zombies into it. BUT, we would first have to get out of the house. So, he came up with the plan to make holes in the walls to our neighbors houses. We live in a town home so we are connected to other units. We expect our neighbors on both sides to have guns. One is a cop and the other is military. There is more to the plan, but I'll stop there so I can show off my awesome target and get O to bed.

No comments: