Saturday, March 24, 2012

Moving on

I really ought to be going to bed, but I want to just sit and write instead. I have lots of different things on my mind that I want to share. The primary feelings that I feel right now are awe and gratitude. I am so blessed. Truly, I am. How did I ever get so lucky to be where I am and know the people I know?

We will be moving at the end of June. The owners of the townhouse we are renting are going to sell and since we can't extend, we are going to buy a house. It's far more affordable to buy than to rent in this area. We've been keeping our eye on the market since we placed an offer on a house last year. We really love the area where we are living and we love our ward and we want to stay. But we couldn't find an affordable home or one we liked. So, we are moving a few miles away. We will be going to church in the same building but to a different ward. I'm sad to be moving wards. It means I have to give up being the camp director. Boo!! The new ward already has a rockin' camp director, so they won't need me. Sigh!

The home we are in the process of buying is pretty cool. LT and I had "lists" of things we wanted in the "next" house we bought and this house has almost all of them. I know the thing I will miss the most about where I'm living now is the kitchen. Seriously, this kitchen is amazing. I want to bring it with me, but, I can't. Our new kitchen is itty bitty. I'm sure I'll survive. However, the kitchen is a small sacrifice to make for a yard where O can play outside and a space for a food garden AND space to have chickens. I kind of chuckle when people respond to me, "Oh yes, fresh eggs. You'll love them". I am looking forward to fresh eggs, but these chickens won't be pets. I plan to eventually eat them too. I wonder what they'd say if I told them that part.

The things we were looking for were a 2 car garage that is actually large enough to park 2 cars and be able to get out of them without hitting the other car. We wanted a yard where O could play and I could see her from the inside. We wanted space for a garden. We wanted it to be large enough that we could invite friends over and not feel crowded. We wanted a basement so we could send the kids to play away from the adults and to chill out in during the summer. We wanted space to be able to store and have it out of the way. I wanted a lot large enough for us to have chickens.

The house has only had one owner. It was custom built and the reason why I like that is it doesn't look like every other house in the neighborhood. It is obvious the house was loved and well maintained. The lady of the house was a gardener. She had a green house build on the side of the garage. I plan to grow wheatgrass to juice and other things to add to smoothies. I think O will enjoy planting and watching things grow too. The yard has a nice variety of trees and plants. It's just really cool. I'd post pictures, but I haven't downloaded them yet.

1 comment:

Bonny said...

I am so excited for you guys! I will really miss having you in the ward, but am glad you aren't going far. I can't wait to see this new house. It sounds amazing!