Friday, December 7, 2012

Family Sun Valley Time

LT joined us in Sun Valley the middle of our second we there. It was really nice to have a "vacation" with him. Unfortunately he came down with a yucky cold but hey, he was with us, AND he wasn't studying. 

We had a good time climbing as a family. I really enjoyed seeing O on the rope. I come she comes to love climbing like I do. We were really impressed with her bravery. We did push her a little bit to go higher and she did when we promised her ice cream.



Me. I really miss the rock. You just can't compare it to pulling plastic.

LT getting in on the action.

O on her way down from the super high climb. I love her outfit.


On the long drive from Sun Valley to Pocatello, we decided to make a few stops to keep in interesting. I've seen the sign for the Shoshone Ice Cave for years and never visited it. Hooray for spontaneity. It was probably in the 80's outside, but in the cave it was just above freezing.

R took a family picture for us in the cave. See, isn't that a pretty cave? Ya, it was really dark in there. The guide turned out the lights for a moment so we could experience the darkness. So what I learned was this cave was a natural ice maker. Cool.

By the time we made it to the gorge in Twin Falls, O was done being a tourist. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact she hadn't slept much for two weeks because she was having so much fun with her cousins.


Family picture at the gorge. Yep, O is totally into it.



 THE GORGE!!!



Here is O with my brothers kids.



O and her Uncle M and Aunt M.


1 comment:

orangemily said...

We had so much fun! The girls loved playing with O and R was so sweet with them.
Can't wait to do it again!!