Friday, November 7, 2008

5 Confessions for Friday

Another list. I love lists.
I swiped this from Tiffanys blog. Thanks for the idea.

1. I buy things in 2's and 8's. For example, when I am shopping and I see a decent price on something we frequently use, I will buy 2 or 8. I have no idea why. Perhaps it's because if I purchase only 1 of the item, I think it will be lonely and resent me. If I buy 8 then they can all have a party in the pantry. Is it strange that I think inanimate objects have feelings and like to party?

2. Shortly into the worst job I've ever had in my life, I discovered the position wasn't suppose to last as long as it actually did. Without divulging too much, my manager intended to restructure the department BEFORE he hired me. I was only suppose to act as a temporary fill until he got the go ahead from the "higher ups" and I would have been jobless. When it didn't happen, he left the company shortly thereafter. A part of me has always wanted to ask him why he wasn't honest with me and another part of me doesn't even want to go there. Then the part of me that I actually listen to wonders why O likes to drink Italian dressing.

3. I don't think all babies are cute. Before you gasp in shock, check yourself, I bet you've had similar thoughts. Seriously. I even think some kids are really strange looking. (Don't worry, it's not YOUR baby/kid I'm talking about, it's someone else's.)

4. I REALLY want to go on tour with a band as their massage therapist. I love music, I love travel and I love massage, why not combine them?

5. I'm a natural redhead.

7 comments:

orangemily said...

#3 is so true!!
And eight. really? Hmmm.

Mariam said...

I don't think all babies are cute either. Those who know me well, namely my hubby know when I think a child is less than adorable. My tell is the comment "Ohh, he's (she's) so tiny", or "What tiny little feet" or perhaps "what a darling outfit".
One of my biggest fears is that I will have a homely child, and know it. Then I will know that everyone is lying when they say how cute they are.

Rachel said...

I can't stand odd numbers!! And, if I chew on one side of my mouth, I have to chew on the other for the same amount of chews, so it doesn't feel left out! :) See, you're not so wierd (or I'm more OCD than I thought...)

Rachel said...

Do I really have a loud laugh??

Terésa said...

I’m not a natural red head *gasp!* -shock I know.

Terésa said...

Oh, and I have a line like Miriam’s. “Isn’t he/she precious?” All babies are precious, but not all are cute.

Susan said...

First of all, I think lots of babies are ugly. But, unlike Mariam up above, I'm afraid I'll have an ugly baby and NOT know it, just because I'm it's mother! Doesn't ever mother think her own babies are beautiful?...

secondly, who in the world is this Orange Emily, and how do you know her? I've seen her commenting on my niece's blog....There's gotta be a missing link somewhere in this tiny little mormon world!