Friday, January 23, 2009

Purging, purging, purging

Does your mind ever get so full with random snippets of information that it's hard to think straight? Sometimes, well a lot of the time, my mind is so cloudy with pieces of thoughts the only way to clear my head is to write them down. Some of them make sense, and some of them are just nonsense. I read a friends blog a while ago where she posted some of her random thoughts. It made me laugh to read it and I felt a kindred spirit in her knowing she is, perhaps, as random as I am.  So, with that said, I am, somewhat timidly, sharing my random brain dump.

I think one night of no mommy duty a month is a REALLY good idea. 
I'm so glad LBC loves O and O loves her, otherwise getting my no duty night would be impossible.
I had the strangest conversation with a near total stranger at a Christmas dinner.
The conversation came as a bit of a revelation to me.
I don't consider myself a SciFi fan. 
I think I've only read one, maybe three SciFi books, and I only kind of liked them. 
A friend introduced me to Robert Jordan in 2000.
I became a fan of his series TWOT, but that's fantasy. 
I was heartbroken when he died before he wrote the final book.
I know my brother was into D&D when we were kids. 
I didn't think any of it rubbed off on me.  
I was surprised I could hold my own in a conversation about "Firefly".
Since then I've tried to decide if I'm embarrassed or okay with my limited SciFi knowledge.
LT introduced me to Battlestar Galactica after one of his deployments.
I'm repulsed and obsessed at the same time. 
I just spent a couple of hours catching up on the series.
Now I will know what is going on when I watch what I DVRd of the final episodes.
I love DVR. The next best thing is netflix.
A friend I've known for over a decade just finished walking across the USA.
I really want a sugar cookie.
I hate dusting.
I think pranking people is fun.
I've learned not everybody can be pranked.
I'm not so sure a road trip to CA this summer is a good idea with a toddler.
I'm excited to go to a concert in Feb.
I'm still trying to decide if I should drive to Austin tonight to see Brett Dennen.
If you know who Brett Dennen is, you're cool.
I haven't seen Eric Stoltz since, like, the 80's.
If you know who Eric Stolz is, then you probably remember the film "Some Kind of Wonderful".
I love being a massage therapist.
I don't mind peoples feet, as long as they are clean.
Leighton says my primary motivation in life is to search out and destroy sources of stinky stuff.
I just started using the Kinoki detox foot pads. 
They are stinky.
This morning, O watched me take it off and put it in the trash, she said "Ew, yucky yucky".
I'm hoping they will help get rid of my migraines.
I've been in the ER so often this year I feel like a regular.
I recognize some of the people there too.
The last time I went, instead of putting me where they usually do, I was led to a room that said "Isolation" on it.
I thought that was strange.
It was a room for victims of rape.
I watched American Idol.
One time at the ER, there was a bomb threat.
I never know who to call when my migraine gets bad enough to go to the ER.
I threw up on the way to the ER and the friend who took me has acted differently towards me ever since.
I still want that sugar cookie.
I'm really tempted to go buy a sugar cookie.
I need to decide what I'm making for dinner tomorrow.
I'm taking dinner to someone tomorrow.
If I go shopping for dinner stuff, I could buy a sugar cookie as a reward for doing service.
Saying goodbye to LT this time was much easier than 2 weeks ago.
He leaves for Djibouti on Monday.
I love my new concealer and foundation.
I wish I'd discovered them earlier.
"Make-up Therapy" and "Fashion Aptitude" are phrases I made up to make myself laugh.
I have a quick wit and sometimes I'm funny.
I think I get my wit from my mum.
She'll be happy I mentioned her in this post.
I still want that sugar cookie.
I'm almost done purging.
O slept through the night 2 nights in a row.
I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end of my sleep deprivation.
Sleep deprivation is a nasty thing.
Especially when it goes on for over 2 years.
I have a feeling if I make this post any longer, very few people will make it to the end.
I think I'll settle for an apple.
That sugar cookie is SO tempting me right now.
There was a REALLY big spider in my garage this summer.
ALL the bugs in TX are HUGE!!!
My neighbor still has meat hanging from their back porch.

5 comments:

Mariam said...

You make me laugh. You are too funny. You might have inspired me to do the same, only I don't know if my random thoughts are as organized as yours. It might just be jumbled words and sentences.

Rachel said...

LOL Jumbled or not, getting the thoughts down on paper is the best part! I loved it! I'd rethink that roadtrip and let me know what your make-up brand is. :) And, you are funny All the time :)

orangemily said...

I like your thought process.
I'm glad O has slept through the night and moms definitely need a night off once in awhile.

Terésa said...

Great idea... maybe I should add it to my pole. ;)

Nichole said...

Hey Murph! You blog too! And I'm loving that "blurk" word. I was thinking of you because I was listening to Erasure~haha you and Joanna and Judy got me hooked.