Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Well, that's just strange.

One thing I really like about TX is the barbeque. Seriously, the barbeque here is AWESOME!!! And there are so many places you can go to get great barbeque, like my neighbors house.
Yep, that's a barbeque bomb parked at my neighbors house. Every year my neighbor pulls this serious bad boy up to his curb and torments the rest of us with the tantalizing smell of brisket and ribs while he watches the season opener for the Longhorns.

"Not strange" you say. True, not strange. 


But, THIS....

This is strange.
Slabs of meat are hanging on my other neighbors porch. 
It's unconventional decor, true. I've only seen it used in haunted houses. I wonder if any dogs in the neighborhood are missing. Perhaps it's a new fad in exterior design. Should I replace the hanging plant on my porch with the nice cat that uses my garden as his bathroom?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who things this is just strange.

6 comments:

orangemily said...

My mouth is actually watering right now. Richard tells me all the time about how he misses Texas BBQ (he went there on his mission). He actually wants to build one of those BBQ bombs, maybe we could get some pointers from your neighbor.

UTSquishy said...

So True. I sooooo miss the BBQ.
I really want to go to Smith and Edwards and buy one of the Missile Bodies that they have in their back lot of Military Surplus, and build it out of that.

Mariam said...

HA! That is too funny. I would love to see them go out with a knife and cut a slab off for dinner. Is it even cold enough to keep meat outside?

I really want good BBQ now, it sounds soo good.

Kaylynne said...

Okay it is rude that the neighbor doesn't invite you and COMPLETELY disturbing that your other neighbor hangs meat.

Rachel said...

Not strange for TX I guess...

Shanda said...

Your post is great! It defines Texas perfect. Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. I am so excited for Olivia's new potty training adventure. Let me know how it goes..since my day will soon come!