Wednesday, May 6, 2009

SOOOO much better than Sea World


I don't have any scuba and snorkel pictures from my adventures on Tuesday, but I have plenty from my visit to paradise today. I have to say, the best thing I've done for this getaway has been to only schedule one thing to do in the morning and then let the afternoon take me where ever I go. Yesterday I had two great scuba dives and then I just explored Paradise Island and then downtown Nassau.

Today, I went to have my "Dolphin Encounter" on Blue Lagoon Island. When we arrived, there were dolphins swimming around in the bay by the dock. Most of the people stopped, ooohhhed, and ahhhhhed and took tons of pictures. I'm a seasoned Sea World veteran, so it was NO big deal to me. We get to stand around a pool there and feed the dolphins if we want to. The really cool part of the dolphin encounter was the actual encounter. Now, I know Sea World offers some sort of dolphin interaction program, but I can guarantee it is nothing like this. Goombay was our dolphin for the encounter. The first thing we did was pose for a picture of him kissing us on the cheek. We actually danced with him, hugged him, kissed him on the nose, put our hands in his mouth to touch his teeth and tongue, feed him a fish, and we got to pet his back and belly. It was SO COOL!!!  After the experience ended we were free to roam around the beach until the last ferry boat came to take everyone off the island, with the exception of the dolphins and the security guys.  I took full advantage of the opportunity to explore, touch and snorkel. I'm beginning to really understand the meaning of the word "Paradise". 

I have to admit, although this is a long needed break, and I LOVE the adventure of being here all by myself, I find myself missing LT even more. Life experiences are meant to be shared. I wish I could have held his hand while we strolled on the beach, or freaked out together at seeing all of the amazing fish while we snorkeled. Right now I'm sitting on the patio, the lazy breeze is dancing with my hair and I'm listening to the waves lap at the shore. The moon is almost full and it's casting a brilliant light on the water. I want to sleep out here tonight. 

Sigh!!!

It's so beautiful, I wish LT were here to see it too. 

Well, on with the post. Here are the pictures from today. Enjoy.


The dock
The beach, view from the boat.
Goombay reaching for a fish.
Goombay hugging me. Dolphins are heavy suckers. 
Check out the little kid next to me. He wasn't sure what to make of the entire thing.
Kissie, kissie, little sea urchin 
I swear I've seen this postcard somewhere.
My hammock
Top view from my hammock


Beach view from my hammock


The beach






6 comments:

orangemily said...

Wow, that is simply breathtaking. I'm even more jalous now!

Rachel said...

Wow...wow :)

Mariam said...

So beautiful. Keep up the great fun.

The Doctors Wife said...

Well, I guess you will just have to go back later with LT so you can enjoy it together.

felicity & nathaniel said...

wow! Those pictures are amazing!! I'm EVER SO JEALOUS. But if anyone deserves it, it is you darling. Enjoy!

Britnana4 said...

So nice to have been able to follow your adventures, it was nice you got to take a small break, hope you got some rest, next time Leighton will accompany you and share the experiences together. Thank you for sharing. Mum aka Nana