Monday, September 20, 2010

Thursdays this summer, part 1

I have this really cool friend who put together Thursday outings for the entire summer. O and I had a fun time exploring our area and getting to know others. One of the first outings we went to was Elioak Farm. It had a nursery rhyme theme throughout the farm. There were statues of various Mother Goose characters and such, all over. It was a pretty cool set up, except, the statues reminded me of a b grade horror film. I'm not sure anyone else was creeped out like I was, which is good, right? (Seriously creepy) *shivers*


Close to the end of the day our group entered the "maze". Our kids took off and ran from the entrance to the end in record time. Most parents dashed off to find their younguns. I did too, until I realized it wasn't a maze with dead ends as much as a bunch of paths through evergreen trees. I slowed down and took advantage of the shade. It was a sweltering hot day. You may be able to tell from the pictures. All the kids are red and sweaty.

Anyway, while meandering through the trees, I came upon the "Mary, Mary, quite contrary" statue and stopped dead in my tracks. I started snickering and called for S, the closest parent, to come and "see this". I swear instead of it looking like a "Mary" it looked like...... the ugly stepsister from the Shreck movies. I am still kicking myself for not taking a picture. I think I was just so caught up in how shocking and funny it was, I forgot. Oh well, you can just take my word for it, that it was worth laughing about.

Enjoy the pictures.


Just so you know, those are Os favorite pants, and she HAD to wear a princess shirt when she wore those pants. Okay.
She is a pro on a horse. Thanks to time spent with the family in CA, O has no fear when it comes to hopping into the saddle. I think she was underwhelmed with this "ride" because the horse was so tiny compared to others she's ridden. Either way, she ROCKS THE REIGNS!!

2 comments:

Jadi said...

That cracks me up about the statues!! I didn't think anything about it until I read this post! :)

I am glad you guys joined us for the summer play group outings. Some were more fun then others but having you guys there made them all worth while. :)

orangemily said...

Looks like a fun place!