Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sara Bareilles

Well, I have a list of stories I want to share and it is getting so long they will be "outdated" before I even share them. One of the stories I want to share is about the Sara Bareilles concert I went to in, October??? I don't even remember when it was.

Sara Barellies has such fun music. It is catchy and bouncy and has a layer of attitude. O loves to dance and sing to King of Anything and Let the Rain. When I got a taste of Sara at Lilith Fair I knew I wanted more, so when she landed here on tour, it was a no brainer. This time I actually went with someone to a concert. (J and I had quite the adventure getting to the venue. We were so busy talking I missed one of the first exits. Oops. And, can you believe we did the same thing on the way home? Thank goodness for GPS.)

She is definitly entertaining. When Sara came out she was a little tipsy and she even told us. It was the last night for Greg Laswell on the tour and they are good friends, so they interrupted each others sets and did goofy things. They heckled each other and drank whisky to celebrate, hence, her being tipsy.

She had a potty mouth and my ears were bleeding by the time I left. J even mention she hasn't heard the F bomb dropped that many times in along time. Aside from all of that, Sara explained the meaning behind "Kaledescope Heart". These aren't all of her words, but the the gist is hers. She said when she came up with the title people said "What the F does that mean?" She explained that we are all beautiful inside but we are fractured. And when we hold ourselves up to the light we see the beauty. Like a kaliediscope. Now that I know that, I hear the reference in several of the songs on the album.

During the show I thought I smelled grilled onions. It totally grossed me out and confused me. What??? Where did that come from at a concert. I looked around and saw a cloud of onion air. I think there is a grill at the venue. It was gross. Aftet the concert, while we were walking back to the car I mentioned it to J. She laughed and told me she was thinking, "Don't these people shower?" It was funny.

Overall, I would see her again. That woman has an amazing set if pipes.

Here, enjoy these. (Sorry the quality is crumby. One of these days, I'll get a nice camera.)

Me and J

Greg Laswell. He's got some nice tunes.

The end of Gregs set. See Sara and the bottle of whiskey.
Sara doing her thing.

Greg came on stage wearing a bunch of her stuff when he sang back up.

No comments: