Wednesday, March 2, 2011

O - Queen of the world


O is growing up and I am having so much fun watching her explore her world. Here are few disconnected stories to give you a glimpse of our life.

Her imagination is a major source of my entertainment. She often has me in stitches because she is such a little performer. This morning we were teasing each other and I said something silly to her. She responded by looking to the side, as if she were addressing an audience, and pointed at me and said, "She's a funny lady". She loves to tease and be teased. Sometimes she says "You're killing me mom". I love it.

Her preschool is having their cap and gown pictures taken next week and the thought of sending O to kindergarten made me sad. I didn't think I would feel like I did. Fortunately she won't start school until 2012 so I have another year to play with her.

I usually give her a piece of junk mail when we get mail and today hers was from a mortgage company. So, we spent a good 10 minutes talking about buying a house and money and who takes care of a loan and why other people want to take care of our loan.

And she is a take charge type of girl. For FHE on Monday, she just took over. She said, "I'm teaching the lesson tonight" and she did. We sat on the floor while she sat in a chair and pretended to read from the Friend. She told us all about being a good friend and she told us Jesus is a good friend and then she asked if we had any questions. Then we played with her jump rope.

Last weekend I got a new mop. She had a blast playing with it and mopping the floor. I thought to myself, "If I get a new vacuum maybe I can get her to do the living room. Better yet, if I get something new each week, I may never have to clean again." Anyway, on with the story. At one point during the day, I spied her sitting on the floor with her mop in hand gazing out the window and singing. I could only imagine which character she was pretending to be.

More than once, she has set up a play date for herself during church and more than once, we've had to reschedule.

Driving home from preschool on Monday O dreamily informed me "Mom, I fell in love with Joseph". He is a friend from preschool and church. His family came over last night to watch O while LT and I went on a date. His mom told me she kept calling J "honey". When I dropped her off at preschool this afternoon, she kept putting her arm around him and was adamant he sit next to her. Oh dear, she's only 4. I can only imagine what we have coming and I'm worried.

She's been obsessed about her uterus and babies. I told her she didn't need to worry about having babies for a long time. She asked how long and I said, "probably not until you are in your twenties". O "you mean like when I'm 21?" M "Well, that's still a little young, but, sure." She told me she wanted to have twins, like Luke and Lea

The other day she put her hand on her belly and said, "my uterus is here." M "yes, it is".

O is obsessed with Star Wars, I blame LT.

I love it when she snuggles with me in the morning to get warm. I love it when she laces her little fingers through mine to hold hands and drifts off to sleep. There is just so much that I love about that little rug rat, it makes up for nights like last night when she was just awake from 4:30 until 7:00.

I have many, many more stories to share, but I'll save them for later.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Love them! So fun :)

orangemily said...

What a funny, sweet girl!

Jadi said...

She has the cutest personality!! You will be so thankful you are writing this stuff down.