Saturday, March 26, 2011

Disneyworld, take 2

Who goes to Disneyworld twice in one year?

WE DO!!

I know, I know, we sound so spoiled, really we were just very blessed.

Last November, my dad came out to visit. If you know my dad, you know his is a frequent flyer junkie. He wanted to make sure he would have enough frequent flyers miles by the end of the year to qualify for the super duper, you-fly-with-us-a-lot, status. So, on his way back to ID, he took a detour to Orlando. He has some friends there he wanted to see. Through an unanticipated twist of events, we ended up accompanying him.

I just happen to have a cousin who works as a character at Disneyworld. How cool is that? She was very generous and gave us some of her guest passes. AND she arranged for us to have a private meeting with Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, Tinkerbell, Vidia and Rosetta. We only waited in line to see Ariel. O was really funny about it too. She didn't understand why we had to actually wait.

I had so many great parenting moments. It was a thrill to see O so completely awestruck and ecstatic. On our first day we waited in line to see Snow White and when she came out to greet people, she pulled O out of line to meet with her first. What a cool moment.

Here is something I found interesting. I asked my cousin what it was like to be a character. She said, most of the day you are just talking at children. They are so overwhelmed that they are meeting a princess that they don't really have anything to say. So, when you have a child who talks with you, it is a lot of fun. Well, although O was awestruck, she wasn't speechless. She talked and talked to each one she met. My cousin said when she was on break after we visited the three princesses and the fairies, Rosetta was talking about one little girl she met who was fun. My cousin asked about the little girl and it turned out to be O. I'm so proud. My daughter is cool enough that even the characters talk about her. It's no surprise really, she is a lot of fun even when she's not meeting the princesses.

We spent three days exploring the parks. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. In fact, the trip couldn't have been more perfect and magical. It was good for me to spend time with my dad. I think he really enjoyed watching his little granddaughter. I think he liked spoiling her too! I don't know when we'll make it back there, but I don't think any trip we take there will top that one.



My daughter is so cool. She had no problem touching a snake
Getting her face painted
Meeting Snow White
Celebrating with chocolate ice cream
My cousin
Cinderella

Three Princesses
Learning how to curtsy
Practicing the curtsy

O and her grandpa

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my, she is SUCH a doll, M. I love that she has such a BIG personality, and I can't say I'm surprised....she gets it from her mama!

We've taken the kids to Disneyland, and both my husband and I had just as much fun as the kids. It is such an amazing place and so rewarding to see your kids enamored with the MAGIC!

orangemily said...

That is awesome! I love the pictures!

Jadi said...

Lucky you!! I love DW and often wish I could go back. Olivia is adorable and the pictures turned out so cute!!