Sunday, April 3, 2011

Behold My Little One

I blame "Parent Trap".

The other week, I was out for the evening and O and her Daddy had a movie night. They watched "The Parent Trap". It was the recent one. O really liked it. So much so that she imitated some of the scenes in the movie. The first being the haircut.

One morning before church, she proudly announced she had cut her hair. I couldn't really tell but I think any parent who hears that panics a little. I asked her where the scissors were she used to cut her hair. She told me, "In the box". Hum..... She took me to this little basket and showed me the hair and scissors. Whoa, that was a lot more hair than I thought. At least you can't tell unless I pull her hair back in a ponytail. It blends in with her bangs that are growing out. What a relief, it could have been so much worse.

The next scene she imitated was the scene where the girls pour stuff all over the cabin floor, along with other nasty pranks. I didn't get a picture of this, but O poured a 20 oz bottle of water all over the floor in her play room. Grrrrrr.

My favorite "Parent Trap" contribution is our new treat. Oreos dipped in peanut butter. OH MY!!!! I don't think I'll ever be able to eat plain oreos again. So, so, so good!!


3 comments:

felicity & nathaniel said...

1. I LOVE that movie. Better than the original even.
2. That really does look like a lot of hair. Curly hair hides bad cuts well-- this is the only reason I cut N's hair. ;)
3. Water on the floor... bad!
4. I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to try pb with my oreos. haha!

orangemily said...

She is such a characte, I love it!

Bonny said...

Life imitating art. I love it.

That movie is so great. It never occurred to me to dip my Oreos in PB, even though I've watched that wonderful movie plenty of times. Sounds divine. And I've never had to deal with the home haircut panic that so many other parents have. Maybe it's a girl thing???