Friday, April 29, 2011

Weekly Update

Ages ago, I used to send out an email that summed things up for the week. This morning I was looking for things to delete on my computer to free up some space, and I came across some of my old updates. It was fun to read the summaries of what was going on with us as we ended our time in UT and started our new life in TX. O is currently at a playdate so I am taking advantage of this time to recap the week. I hope to make this a regular feature of the blog, we'll see if it a realistic hope.

Overall, the Hills have had a good week.

Sunday morning O woke us up early to hunt for eggs. The night before she struggled going to sleep because she was so excited. The funny thing about it was, she was more excited for the Easter Bunny to come than she was for Santa to come in Dec.

Monday I went to a DBSA meeting. I haven't been to one since I lived in SA. I had to travel to Baltimore to go and it was well worth the drive, not only for the alone time in the car, but for the conversations of the evening.

Tuesday we had preschool in the morning and that evening we actually got to spend time with LT because he is done with school. Hooray.

Wednesday, we ventured into Baltimore for O to have a PT assessment. Our insurance sent us to Kennedy Kreiger. Talk about breaking out the big guns. As soon as we walked in there I knew we were way out of our league. It's nice to know that our insurance will send us to a cool place like that if we need it. O intoes and the PT doesn't seem to think it is a big deal. Well, I do! She complains of pain in her knees and she trips over her own feet, all of the time. Joints aren't made to work they way that O uses them. I'm going to take the assessment to the manual PT I worked with last summer and get a second opinion. I'd rather correct things early than deal with the dysfunction it creates later in life.

Thursday we had preschool, went shopping, watched a Tinkerbell movie and then LT took care of O while I cleaned our bathrooms. Gross. Then LT and I talked for 2 1/2 hours. It was almost like being on a date. We enjoyed uninterrupted conversation but I didn't worry about rushing home to relieve whoever was watching O.

So far today, I've been to the gym and chiropractor. O is at a playdate and I am trying to organize my thoughts and my house. LT will be busy with something tonight so it is just us girls. Hum, what to do.

Have a great week all
Much love
The Hills

On the Nightstand
A Crown of Swords by Robert Jordan. I'm about halfway through this one. Last fall when the second to last book of the series was released, I decided to read the series again. It's a rich story with so many characters and I'd lost track of some of them. I'm getting a lot more out of it this go around. Then again, I'm keeping notes of who is who and where they are and why they are important. I knew this little reading project could take about a year. It is a lot of fun.

Study Guide for the State of MD Jurisprudence Exam.
Quite boring. But, it is a necessary step in getting licensed here. I hope to take the test sometime in May or June and then apply for my MD Massage License. Wa-hoo!!

Fibromyalgia: A Guide for Massage Therapists by Karta Purkh Singh Khalsa, CD-N, RH
I haven't started this one yet, but now that LT is done with his schooling, it is my turn to get the study on. I'm excited to learn more about what I can do to help others with Fibromyalgia. I need to complete some CEUs to be eligible to renew my National Certificate.

Deep Tissue Massage by Dr. James Mally
This ought to be a review of what we covered in school. As I look through it, not a lot of it looks new, but I don't really care. I LOVE deep tissue, fascial release, structural integration philosophy and massage. Wa-hoo!!! (again)


Things that made me smile this week.
On Thursday at preschool, some of us briefly talked about travel. The conversations reminded me of all of the really cool places I've visited. Wow, I'm so lucky. This world is so big it's hard for me to comprehend the number of individuals who breathe on this amazing planet. I've got the itch to travel again. Maybe this time LT and I will do it together.

I booked a room at a hostel in DC for our anniversary in May. 10 years. I can hardly believe it. I think we've been together for 7 of those years. ha ha ha

O playing Wii Just Dance.

Beautiful blossoms on the bushes in my front yard.

The DBSA meeting on Monday. It made me smile to step into another persons life and hear them speak my thoughts. We are ALL connected in this crazy old world. I love being reminded of those connections.

The burn in my muscles that lasted for two days following my BodyPump class on Monday.

Puzzles in my Puzzler
Is it fair for people in jail to keep their right to vote? When and how should that right be restricted if it should be restricted at all? Does it depend on the crime, the type or severity? Does revoking that privilege interfere with their constitutional rights? Lots of thoughts on this one.


Happy Easter, a few days late.


1 comment:

Bonny said...

What a cute picture of O and LT! That was fun to read. What's DBSA?