Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Girly Girl

Balance.

Life is about balance, right?

Fortunately we can balance Os Star Wars obsession with a dose of girly girl stuff, like hair bows, fake nails and jewelry.

On a side note, she has a major crush right now. When she talks about her boy, who is completely oblivious about the whole thing, she blushes and gets all giddy. In fact, she listened to a message he left for her inviting her over for a play date and she ran around the room and jumped up and down with excitement. It took her a long time to wind down before bed.

I love that my girl will play in the dirt, hold worms and touch snakes, and then clean up and want to paint nails, play house, dress up in skirts and twirl around to music. I love that she can be teased and teases back. I love that there is some balance in her life. I hope it is something that will stay with her. I hope she can explore without too many boundaries generated by fear. And, I'm happy I get to participate in being a girly girl with her.

Pretty flower clip to show off her pretty face, (and dental mirror?
O pretends to kill all of the storm troopers in her mouth.)

Princess nails.
(Although it's kind of creepy, I can picture those nails
in a horror show at Halloween)
Princess earrings, bracelets and a necklace. This girl is set up.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Wow! Them is some fancy nails! She is quite the character M!!

Jadi said...

So cute!! Who is the boy she has a crush on?

Bonny said...

In the "I love that..." section, I kept waiting to read, "I love that she's creative enough to cut a hole in her own pants..." Why wasn't that there?

You have a beautiful little girl!

Kristi said...

She's beautiful, M. I'd kill for her hair!

orangemily said...

Super cute! I love the hair flower! = )
My girls would be all over those nails!