Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer is officially here!!

Our pool opened this past weekend. I know Michael Jordan would say it isn't officially summer until you cook the ball park hot dogs, but I don't really care that he is a super star and the greatest basketball player of all time. I've decided, it's officially here, because our pool is open.

I'm so glad we've had O in swimming lessons because she was more than ready to explore the water this go around. Last year, she couldn't wait to get in the water and use her goggles. As soon as she put her head underwater to look around, she inhaled an entire gallon of water. Not such a good experience for the little gal, so our pool days were over.

Well, this year, with the aid of swimming lessons, she is far more confident in the water and I am a lot less nervous. I'm excited to have a comfortable way to wear her out during the hot summer days. This kid needs all of the running/swimming around she can get.


Daddy and daughter enjoying the pool. Just look at those grins.

These days, when I ask O to smile, she does this.
You can kind of see a smile curling around her lips.

Finally, a smile.

Showing us she can do it on her own!! What a big girl.

3 comments:

orangemily said...

Fun!

felicity & nathaniel said...

big girl! she looks like she is having so much fun! I love her swim suit. :)

Molly said...

first off I'm jealous that you have a pool, even if it is just a neighborhood type one. 2nd I'm jealous that summer has arrived for you and that it is warm enough for you to swim outside. We had one hot day here in the ol' northwest and then it was gone.
I loved all your updates.