Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tinkerdad

O is kind of hard on her toys. Well, let's just say, she plays with them quite vigorously. LT has fixed so many things; the cars, hinges on doors, chairs, appliances, toys. O really isn't all that bothered when things break anymore. She just says, "Dad will fix it." She also thinks it's pretty cool that dad is a tinker, just like Tinkerbell.

What is the coolest thing about having a dad that is a tinker?


He can fix Tinkerbells shoe
I also think it is very cool to have a husband that is a tinker. I can't tell you how many hundreds or thousands of dollars we have saved over the years simply because he can do a lot of things on his own. Install a garage door opener?? No big deal. Assemble a shed, replace spark plugs and distributor on a car, install a bedroom fan, add crown moulding, set up a grey water system, rewire a portion of a house, secure our network and set up a server on a virtual machine? (Just to name a few) Got it covered.

On another note,
it turns out our caterpillar is currently unavailable.
It's chrysalis - ing.
(I'm just glad it's not dead. That would have been tragic.)

3 comments:

Jadi said...

Wow, I am impressed that he knows how to do all of that stuff. Geoff is pretty handy too. My kids think he can fix anything. :)

Rachel said...

I love my tinker, too! So very helpful, and cost efficient :) Also, loved your anniversary post! So neat! We forgot ours last year but I already have the reservations made for september :)

Susan said...

ah, I'm jealous. There are no tinkers to be found in the Fitch home.