Friday, July 22, 2011

Thoughtful

I'm holding out for good news.

These past two weeks have been so very heavy. People we love are carrying heavy loads and because we love them, we share some of that weight.

Relationships are crumbling all around us.

Some of our friends from when we were newlyweds are getting a divorce. We've watched them have 3 children and now, they will have to work out the dance of custody and state lines. LT and I were in shock for days when we found out. "Those guys? But, they were so rock solid. How did it happen?"

We hugged.

Another friend confided in me her marriage is not going so well. She'd be happy to stay or go.

My heart sank.

I'm involved with another set of friends while they sort out their relationship. The emails, phone calls and personal encounters are heavy. They are good people, maybe just not good together.

AND, on the other side of the crumbling relationships is a story of a friend who is so dear to me. The relationship with her husband is fine, and, he may have cancer, for the third time. The last I heard she was in a waiting room, waiting.

In the middle of all of the shifts going on around me, I am so grateful I can crawl into the shelter of my relationship with LT and grieve for my friends, in safety.


4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah, that's a heavy few weeks. Be very grateful :-) and thank you

Sally Wood said...

I am with you on the grateful end of things. One minute life can be hell and the next minute heaven. We never know what will happen next, we just know that what we have right now is a gift. Sending hugs!

Jadi said...

I hate it when anyone gets divorced, even actors and actresses. It is so sad. Sorry you have had so many close friends struggling at the same time.

Jackie said...

It is so hard when you have friends close to you that are struggling. Most of the time I just don't know what to say. The only good thing that I've gained from it is I'm trying hard not to take my relationship with my husband for granted. :( Hope things get better for everyone.