Friday, August 12, 2011

Highlights from July

Here is July in a nutshell.

For the 4th of July I headed to Annapolis in the morning to check out the old school revelers. I knew the secret password, so I didn't get shot. They are a grizzly pair of soldiers, aren't they?



I love that this guy is checking his cell phone. He, obviously, represents the very progressive colonists.


In the afternoon we went to a party on base, where ran into some friends from our ward. O was thrilled since S is one of her BFFs. Aren't they just cute little bugs, holding hands n' all.


In the evening we went to the W house to blow things up and roast a few marshmallows. O had to change after her escapade with the fire hoses on base. I LOVE those pants and so does she. They are so loud, just like her.

In the middle of the month, LTs gma passed away so he headed to CA to celebrate her life. The poor guy had, I think, a 3 hour flight delay so he arrived in CA really late and hardly had anytime to sleep. Then he only had a couple of hours to see family before he had to head back to MD. He had a training that started the next day and it had cost a bazillion dollars, so he couldn't miss it without being in LOTS of trouble.

Side Note:
LT requested I remove this part... sigh!

We'd been planning, as a family, to attend Super Hero night at the Baysox baseball game. We even had superman shirts for the occasion. However, the weekend of the game was the same weekend LT went to CA. We missed him, but the girls went to the game without him. We had a great time with two of our other favorite families. Here is O with her latest favorite buddy L. The other pic is of the W family. What a bunch of goofballs.


Other happenings in July that were not photographed included a Princess Dance Camp for O. I would like to get her into dance soon. She LOVES it and she is the stinking cutest kid on the entire stage. Then again, I'm totally biased.

I got to go rock climbing with K. AHHHHHH, man, it felt good to put on my harness and pull some plastic at the gym. K is a beautiful climber and amazing to watch. I wish I had pictures to share.

LT celebrated his birthday, but then again, if you frequent my blog, you already knew that.

O and I toured a recycling center with our weekly field trip friends. I think her highlight was riding in her buddy L's car for a while.

I started acupuncture for migraine abatement. I'm optimistic.

O went to the dentist. 4 cavities! Drat, all due to lack of flossing. Never underestimate the power of floss my friends.

I took my MD Jurisprudence exam and passed!!

LT and I went on 4 dates!!! Wooo-hoo. That's a record for us. Then again, we were trying to cram in as many as we could before he took off.

O had her hearing checked. All clear!

So, there you have it, July in a nutshell. Well, a large nutshell.



1 comment:

Bonny said...

So sorry to hear about the frustration with the in-laws. Human communication is so, so far from perfect. I think as long as there is life on this earth, there will be heartbreaking misunderstandings. Sorry this one affects your life so deeply. P.S. You were very nice about it, though. :)