Saturday, September 22, 2012

Drama Mama

This is too good not to share.

O is full of spit and vinegar and she is in fine form this morning. She'd been watching TV for awhile and LT told her it was time to turn it off and help him work outside. This is what I heard from the kitchen.

LT - "Okay O, it's time to turn off the TV and work outside with me."
O - "I don't want to work outside, I'm not a worker."
LT - "Well, it's my job to teach you to be a worker."
O - Very dramatically "You're trying to make me be a maid." Then she runs to her bedroom. LT had to come into the kitchen to gain is composure. We were both laughing about it. Once he was straight faced, he went to talk to her. She wouldn't talk to him. He came back into the kitchen with me. A few minutes later O was dragging her blue elephant stuffed with toys out of the sun room. LT went to talk to her as she was heading up the driveway to the street. She's mad because "My Little Pony" was about to start on TV and she really wanted to watch it.

She just came in the house and I asked what was going on and she said, "Nothing, I'm just relaxing on the porch."

Oh dear, she's only 6. I'm not looking forward to the drama that is to be had when she is a teenager.

1 comment:

Sari said...

Rayzel is like that....she has mellowed out a little, but I think she's secretly planning to move away and never speak to me again as soon as she can lol!