Monday, October 1, 2012

What O says

We were at a birthday party a little while ago and the hostess was asking the children if they wanted a vanilla or chocolate cupcake. When it was Os turn to answer, she said, "Both." One of the other moms told her, "You are a girl after my own heart", to which O responded, "Ya, most people like me because I'm funny and I have a good attitude."

This morning LT and I were talking before we got out of bed. O stumbled into our bedroom, flopped on the bed and asked in a chiding tone, "What was that talking I heard?" We told her it was us. She said, "It woke me up, I'm not happy about that." What a character.

O likes to tell people when they are being annoying. In primary yesterday one of her friends was being a little goofy and saying the same thing over and over again. O said to her, "Will you please stop that, it's annoying me." For some reason, I think it is funny that a little 6 year old tells others when they are annoying. She let's us know too when we are annoying her. "Mom, stop singing, it's annoying me."

Last week O had a rash and had to take a nasty tasting medicine to help fight it off. She was hilarious about it. She really is a total drama queen. She would put the cup to her lips, close her eyes, and then dramatically thrust the cup away and declare, "I can't. I just can't do it. Okay, okay, I'll be brave. I can do this" and then try again. "No, I can't." And then she would breathe hard as if she'd run a race. It was killing me. She did end up taking it, finally. We bribed her with a piece of chocolate.

We sold one of our goats last week so some guys who were going to eat it. They gave us some goat steaks to enjoy. When I picked O up from school on Tuesday I told her we were having stew for dinner. "What is in it" was her question. I told her some meat from the fridge. She asked, "Did it used to go mehhh?" (her goat sound.) When she tried it she said it wasn't bad. Unrelated, the goats name was Oreo, so we had Oreo for dinner. Sounds healthy, huh?

Our family spoke in church yesterday and we gave O the option to speak too. The plan was to have her state her name, age and grade and then recite the first two Articles of Faith. She was thrilled when we practiced in family home evening and then Saturday night she told us she didn't want to speak. Okay, we told her she didn't have to and we weren't going to make her. So, she went back and forth. "I'm going to speak, I'm not going to speak." Sunday morning she decided to do it. She was amazing. It is so much fun being her mom.

3 comments:

Jadi said...

She is such a funny little girl. I love how you write down the cute thiings she does and says. I wish I would have done that.

Rachel said...

Reading your last two post, I literally laughed out loud :) That maid comment was amazing!! :) so fun!

Della Marie said...

She really did a fantastic job. I think everyone was impressed!