Friday, October 5, 2012

Partial tour of our yard

My mum has been hounding me for pictures of our property and I finally got out of the house and took some. I love everything about our place and I couldn't be happier here. When we tell people we live on a wooded lot they usually don't really get it until they visit. It is shaded a good part of the day and I love that I feel like I'm on a hike when I go to get the mail.

Enjoy


Alright, here is our property from the street. It is kind of hard to find because our driveway sneaks up on you and it's hidden by all of the trees and vines.



Here we are looking at the top of our driveway.



Now we are heading down our driveway.


This is what I see when I look right. Our property extends quite a distance in that direction.


I'm continuing down our driveway and getting closer to our house.
 You can actually see it through the trees.


Ah ha! Here is our front lawn, and more driveway.


 I am still on the driveway looking right toward the house.

This view is from the very same spot as the previous picture and I am looking up our driveway towards the street.

Now I'm at the bottom of the driveway looking up toward the street.


I am in the same spot but turned toward the garage.


To the left of the garage is the goat pen.


I am looking at the end of our property which stops a few feet before the fence in the background. Here are our curious boys begging for my attention and food. The white ribbons are the electric fence that keeps most of them in. Rocky is so little he just come out when he feels like it. Fortunately goats are herd animals and Rocky won't stray too far from the others.


 I've stepped over the white ribbons. To the left of me is an area that used to look like the wooded picture from the driveway. We've done a lot of clearing out and the goats have been doing their job of eating the green stuff. 


This view is in the opposite direction of the last picture. You can see the bottom of the driveway and some of our sheds. You can even see the blue tarps at the goat pen.


Here is an area in the back of our property near the fence.







No comments: