Sunday, January 19, 2014

Interview with a 7-year-old



Interview with a 7-year-old.

What is your favorite color?
Blue.

What is your favorite thing at school?
Um.. expedition. 

Why?
Because I like learning how to draw maps.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be a mommy.

Why?
So I can learn to manage kids.

What is your favorite joke?
Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7,8,9.

Why did you drink 2 cups of hot chocolate for breakfast?
That is, don't be mad at me, that is none of your business, okay it is. You know I love chcolate. 

What is your happiest memory?
The kisses that my parents did to me when I was an itty bitty. 

Why do you like being a kid?
Because I don't have to do, um, I don't have to clean the whole house. And, I don't have to be all bored when the parents to the boring things and the kids to the fun things.

What advice would you give to your parents?
This is to my mom, stay away from the girl scout cookies.
Dad, you need to get these lemonades out of here.

One word to describe you would be...
Crazy! (I totally agree)

What do you like to do for fun?
Have daddy pour water on his head, and then squirt water guns at him at the pool.

If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why?
A goat, because I know how to speak like a goat.

What do you do for fun?
Sometimes I toot in dads general direction, mostly all of the time. And I know dad is giggling. (LT was laughing in the background. I asked what else she did for fun and that was all she wanted to say).

Tell about a funny time in your life.
Um, when dad told me the joke, why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7,8,9.

What is your favorite thing to do, why?
Watch My Little Pony, because it's like the best show and it's talking about what Twilight, she learns a valuable lesson every single day.

What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
Play, play, play. 

What was the nicest thing you did for someone?
Do you remember when we went to the commissary and she spilled over all of the hot chocolate boxes? And I felt good helping her clean up. (A lady knocked over a display with a lot of boxes. O was awesome and helped her clean it all up).

What do you think you'll be doing 10 years from now?
Drive a car, what mostly teenagers do. Paint nails, have girls nights and have sleepovers. And usually just type on my phone and computer.

What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
Go to the pool.

What is the grossest thing you can think of?
Earthworms. You don't want to eat them, but they are good, they help the earth. Don't you dare eat one. Especially gummy worms, they are just worms that look like gummies.

Name two things we should do as a family on the weekend?
Go to Fort McHenry and go the Science Museum. Now that I'm older and dad has taught me more science.


Favorite Quotes of the Week.

"Placenta shakes for everyone" said by my breast friend during her long labor. 

"I'm not good at telling stories, I always get confused."

"Why do you always bring us things we don't like", F, my 5 yr old neighbor. I brought her mom some carrots because it's a joke between us. 



Boob Talk
"We can hug now" said to me by my breast friend. She just had a baby and her milk came in.

From a friend today, "Thanks for sitting on my lap and putting your boob in my face in front of .... Just the right amount of awkwardness to get my day going right!! Lol!"



On the Nightstand

Talking to Tweens. Getting it Right Before it Gets Rocky with Your 8- to 12-Year-old. By Elizabeth Hartley-Brewer
Teenagers Learn What They Live. Parenting to Inspire Integrity and Independence. By Dorothy Lae Nolte, Ph.D and Rachel Harris, Ph.D.

I'm going to need all the help I can get. When O saw these on the nightstand, she asked what they were about, there are pictures of kids on the covers. I told her I needed to learn how to be a good mommy. I think she was surprised I did "homework" to learn about parenting. 

Okay, I finished The Book Thief and, I loved the writing. I found the imagery beautiful and the writing poetic. Those were the only redeeming qualities of the book because...... I HATED IT. I don't know why I read WW2 books. I always end up feeling dark and disturbed when I'm done. It was such a horrible time.

1 comment:

Della Marie said...

There are so many things I liked about this post. O is so stinking funny. I'm sorry that the book thief was so rough.