Sunday, April 20, 2014

Lots O' Pictures

You would think after a week of Spring Break, I'd have more to say, but I'd rather just show you a few of the things we've been up to instead of droning on and on.

First of all, our bathroom tub expired and I have mixed feelings about this. I'm excited to FINALLY update this room and I'm not excited about how stressful and expensive it is to redo a bathroom. In the end, we'll have a nicer, more functional space and a tub/shower that we like. I'm happy to get rid of the original tub, it was an eyesore.

Here are the BEFORE pictures.



UGLY, UGLY, UGLY!

One night LT and I tore out the shower walls.



Then another day, his sister came over to help take out the tub.

It's no longer as private as it once was. As long as the closet door is closed in the office, the only light that comes in is from the basement. Ha ha ha. Hopefully, we will have it finished before we have a large party. If not, oh well, we'll just keep people out of the basement.

O had a play date EVERY SINGLE DAY of the week. She was in heaven! We even had two days of doubles.

If you are my fashionista friend, and you like shoes, and you have a good sense of humor, this is what you get for your birthday. Handmade bedazzled high heels. 


O reporting for egg hunt duty at our church Easter breakfast.



We put up our trampoline and our little ballerina/fairy has had hours of fun. You just have to watch out for the ticks.


Here is my Sweet Baby A. 
Isn't she just the cutest little bug you've seen?


 She's smiling in this one.


On Friday I took O camping to Tuckahoe State Park. LT was supposed to come, but at the last-minute, he had to back out. I was less than thrilled to go on my own. We met our friends there and life was good again. Here are some pictures of getting wiggles out at the playground.

O, posing, of course.


O posing again. 



DBSA
We had a great meeting. There were 7 of us there and everyone had the chance to say what they wanted without being rushed for time. Several people have asked to meet once a week. I would love to do that, but I would need a co-facilitator. 

Boob Talk
I was feeding SB Alice a bottle and I asked my breastie, Della, if it was formula.D - "Nope, it's boob juice".  
I think that's funny, because when I hold a baby and it starts rooting, I say, "Sorry, juice bar is closed". I now know I was right on all of these years.  

Glorianna mentioned her son never took a pacifier, I asked how she soothed him.
G - "With the boob. For 3 months."

I was leaning over and tucking O into bed she said, through her lion, "May I see your cleavage?  No, wait, get me a bra".

Quotes

Me - "Ray, right"? I'd met this guy once before and I was trying to remember his name.
R - "No, it's Rodney".
Me - "Oops! Well, at least I got the 'R' right".
K - "And you got the 'Y'". 
Long pause...... "you just missed the 'odney'".

"My 6-year-old is always trying to think of ways to earn money...."Mom, can you take the teeth out of dead people and put them under your pillow?" Michelle S

Work
I get to work on the first day back from Spring Break. I can only imagine how wound up the wee ones will be after a week off. I'll let you know next blog post if I survive. Wish me luck.

No comments: