Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Some details and other stuff

Food in Nassau, New Providence

EVERYTHING in this city is FRIED. 
I renewed my love affair with fries. It was a fast and furious romance that I had to end our last day there.

Twin Brothers is a popular place and our driver recommended it, so we ate there. They served a pint of oil with their fried dishes. 


Recipe for smelling like onions for 24 hours, more commonly known as the recipe for,

Conch Salad
1 whole onion
1/2 sweet pepper
1/3 pineapple
1 tomato
1/2 mango
1 small raw conch
Coarsely chop all of the above, add lime juice and a touch of orange juice.
Eat and smell like onions for 24 hours

The locals told us, multiple times, Conch is an aphrodisiac. They were quite proud of it.

My favorite place to eat was this little "gem" right around the corner of us. A lot of locals ate there, so we thought we should try it. Their grilled chicken salad was divine. My favorite parts of this picture are, the ENT  RANCE, and the sign with the dude on a skateboard, curly-toed boots, a crown on his head and  huge conch shell in his hand.


Signs
Whenever I see a funny sign, I HAVE to take a picture.

This store CLEARLY has commitment issues.


Don't worry about getting a new sign if you stop selling a certain item, 
just duct tape over it.


Creepy Statues
If you ever lose a baby in Nassau, you don't have to worry. They will probably be found by one of these creatures. 



So, what do you think they are doing with the babies?
A. Infant Massage
B. Stealing it for an island ritual
C. Keeping it safe until you return
D. Scaring the HELL out of it


O Speaks
M - "What was your favorite part of today"?
O - "Daddy left"!
M - "What?!?! Why is that your favorite part"?
O - "Because then we can have a girls night".

Quotes
M - "People are coming over this Saturday so the house needs to be really clean".
LT - "Olivia, we can flush your hair down the toilet". (I don't know where that came from).
M - "Yes, to help clean the toilet".
LT - "It's called a swirly".
M - "My brother had me do it twice, because the first time it didn't work".

LT - "Della got a new hairdo".
M - "Ya, she got bangs, and a new color".
O - "Did she get it from a swirly"?

O, at dinner - "Let's have some squash".
LT - "Okay, sit on the sofa and I'll squash you".

O - "Dad, you need singing lessons".
M - "Olivia, that's not very nice".
O - "It's okay, he's got thick skin."

"She is on what is called "Home Hospitalization" which is a hybrid condition most comparable to a mix between House Arrest and Work Release." Scott S. talking about his wife's progress with her cancer treatment.

LT - "I really need to get other games on my PC besides 12 Dancing Princess's".

At the grocery store in Nassau an item we purchased was a gallon of water. The checker was about to put it in a bag,
M - "It's okay, I don't need a bag for that".
C - "Really"?
M - "Ya, I can just carry it".
C - "Are you sure"?
M - "Ya, Is that weird"?
C - "Yeeeeeeeeees"!

Boob Talk
O doesn't have boobies yet, we call them nubbies. 

O, getting ready to get in the shower, "Look mom, look what happens when I get cold. Touch it".
M - "No thank you, I don't want to touch it".
O - "It gets a little bumpy thing".

M, in Nassau - "I haven't worn a bra all day, and it feels awesome"!
LT - "I haven't worn a bra all day and it feels..."
M - "Normal? Then again, I don't know what you Navy guys do when you get to work".
LT - "There is a reason why we don't talk about it.".

No comments: