Thursday, December 25, 2008

Have Yourself a Very Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope you are enjoying the spirit of the season and creating memories to last a lifetime.

This is one of the best Christmases we've had together! Last year we spent a lonely Christmas in SA and next year LT will be overseas, so the timing couldn't be any better to have a GREAT Christmas together. I'm so grateful to my Dad for calling me last February to let me know his plans for this Christmas. Truthfully, I complained and whined a little because I wanted to make my own Christmas plans. Isn't that a typical response for a child? Anyway, our little family traveled to Sun Valley, ID to spend a week with my family. The entire gang was there; Mum, Dad, Brother,Wife, and Cousins. My Dad put us up in condos and we've spent tons of hours playing games, frosting cookies and playing in the snow. My Mum brought up her Wii game and I've been challenging the twins on the Wii Fit game. I'm a little bit competitive and made sure I was 1st in as many events as possible. Is that bad???

I don't think it's stopped snowing for more than a couple of hours since we arrived on Saturday. I love the muted sounds of winter. When I'm outside I feel like I'm in a snow globe and everything feels smaller. OH! How I've missed the crunching that only snow makes when you trudge through it. I'm pretty sure this will be Olivias first memory of snow. She's been singing the snowman song FOREVER and now she finally has a chance to make one. As soon as we arrived, and she saw the snow, she wanted to touch it. Being the good mom that I am, I let her bend over, sans gloves, and pick up a bunch. Her eyes widened with a little panic. She looked at me, dropped what she could of the snow, and said "cold".

Fortunately that didn't turn her off of it. She LOVES it. We've tried sledding with her, but she didn't weigh enough to slide down the hill. When I gave the sled a little push, it moved about an inch and O slid right off and down the hill. I think we need a little more practice. We've also had enough powdery snow that we've played a game of "Toss Olivia". I almost lost her once. It's a good thing LT was filming it, otherwise I wouldn't have known where to look to find her. Ha ha. I'll try to upload some videos to youtube and I'll post some pictures of our adventures on here soon.

Love to you all
M

2 comments:

Mariam said...

Sounds like so much fun. I can't believe how much snow we have too. It was great to be snuggled up and forced to stay at home for Christmas. Merry Christmas to you.

orangemily said...

How wonderful to be with your family for Christmas!
I love the idea of the snow globe.
Merry Christmas!