Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life with O

We were driving in the car and she was playing with her cell phone. She was yelling at someone on the phone. I wasn't paying much attention because she usually talks or sings or does something noisy while I'm driving.
After a little silence she said, "I mad".
I turned around and said, "You're mad? I'm sorry, who were you talking to on the phone"?
She said, "Nana".

Last night we were watching Dancing with the Stars and O was dancing all around. She moved her piano in front of the TV to play and dance. When she was done with that, she brought her drum out and played along. And then, I don't quite understand this one, she put a washcloth on her head and played the drum.

I recently purchased some Reese peanut butter eggs and O loved getting a chocolaty treat. Last night I asked O what she wanted for dinner.
"Do you want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich"?
"No".
"Do you want a tuna fish sandwich"?
"No".
"Do you want fish sticks"?
"No. Yellow".
Let me explain here that things in her world don't have names, they are identified by color.
"Yellow? What do you want that is yellow? I can't think of anything".
"Yellow chocolate".
"No, you can't have chocolate. You have to eat dinner first".
"Chicken"? She's one smart kid.

I bought O a stepping stool so she could reach the bathroom sink. Since she's had it, she's gotten into everything that has been out of reach. She put the stool by a light switch and turned it off and on. She put it by the fridge and pulled magnets and pictures off. She put the stool by the kitchen sink and put all of the dishes on the counter into the sink. AND, here is my favorite, she put the stool by the kitchen cupboard and pulled out her "treats". I was in the office and she came in with some chocolate. It was then I understood why the older she gets the higher things get. It's a good thing I'm tall.

6 comments:

orangemily said...

She is too funny! I can't wait to see you guys this week!
Moira got a stool too and it has meant all sorts of new things!

Nichole said...

my boys can get on top of the fridge. but luckily i have them pretty well whipped and they know better. most of the time =D

Tammy VanDam said...

Very cute! I've given up on the height thing...I just have to make sure that I have LOTS of chocolate on hand.

felicity & nathaniel said...

So precious! I can't wait to hang out with her this summer! Smart girl wanting chocolate for dinner. She and William should get along JUST fine. ;)
I got W a stool too. He didn't waste anytime putting it under the lightswitch. I just let him have at it! He's funny though. If he can't reach something on the counter with his stepping stool, he'll push over a chair that we have in the kitchen. Dang resourceful. Miss you tons!

Nanette said...

Smart mom!

The Doctors Wife said...

I don't have much in the height department myself but my husband more than makes up for it. When you come over and see things stacked on top of my fridge or entertainment center you now have firs hand experience as to why they are up there.