Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Girl and her Horse

We were able to escape to San Francisco for a few days this week to spend time with some of LTs family. O loved all of the attention family gave her. She also had some adventures. To start off with, we met up with cousins to play at "My Little Gym". There were all sorts of toys and activities for the kiddos, but O was obsessed with the ball pit. Here she is after she was just dumped in it.
Another highlight of the trip was a horse ride on Shadow, Poppys horse. O wasn't frightened at all to sit in the saddle and let Poppy walk her around. Here she is with her Poppy.
She's a natural in the saddle.
Grammy was more than willing to sit at the piano and play with our budding musician. 
I wanted to slip a few pictures in here of where we stayed. L&F have a beautiful home buried among towering Redwood trees. The views from any room in the house are stunning and I always feel a little like I'm in a fairy tale when I stay there. The yard is level after level of green life.
Here is the view as you walk to the house from the parking the car.
Here is a rare sight, O being still. It helps that she's sleeping, but even then she's a wiggler. I think it's cute she is sleeping in the same bed her daddy used to sleep in when he lived there. And, before you tease LT, he didn't have the floral sheet set.
Last, but not least, here is my favorite picture. Vicky snapped it at just the right time. O had no problem sitting on a horse, but feeding it a carrot was a little less appealing. Check out the surprise on her face.
As always, there is FAR more to share about the trip, but my time on the computer is limited since I have a VERY ACTIVE girl who doesn't need much sleep.

2 comments:

orangemily said...

What a fun trip! I love the pic of O on the horse. Beautiful place!

Mariam said...

Looks like so much fun. I can't believe how beautiful it is. How lucky was Lt to grow up there.