Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Birthday LT

LT actually let me throw a birthday party for him this year. Usually he doesn't encourage me to celebrate it. He prefers to be in the background and out of the spotlight. I saw it as another opportunity to have people over for a party and another reason to clean our house. We joke that the reason we invite folks over every couple of weeks it to get our house fixed up and cleaned.

Since LT can't have milk products he never gets to eat the cakes at parties. BUT, this was HIS party so I made his cake with soy-buttercream frosting. I was hesitant to try it because it didn't sound tasty at all. I mean, let's face it, some soy stuff is just nasty. Well, we are all pleasantly surprised and nobody complained. O chose the frosting color. Green is her favorite color. She decided that sometime at the beginning of the year. Anyway, the cake looked boring because I didn't want it to draw attention away from ALL of the candles on the cake. LT really isn't that old. In fact, I don't remember how old he is, I just used all the candles I wanted.

I'm rambling.

LT and S birthdays are a day a part so we let S celebrate with us too.

I considered LTs party practice for the one I'm planning for O.

He doesn't really age, does he.

4 comments:

Sally Wood said...

He doesn't age! He looks the same age he did when I met him 10 years ago!

Rachel said...

No, he doesn't, but what I'm really admiring is your cooktop!!! :) Nice!

orangemily said...

Happy Birthday LT!
You're right, he doesn't age.
That's the same reason we invite people over about every other weekend, it makes us clean the house.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Leighton!!