Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A little bit of Halloween


There is one holiday that we just don't get enough of and that is HALLOWEEN!! I'd be happy to celebrate it for 6 weeks, oh heck, why not 2 months. That way, I think I would be able to get all of the activities in that I want to do with this fun holiday.

We are huge fans of Halloween and we usually throw a big party. BUT, this year, we are scaling things down a bit and celebrating on a smaller scale. I will only make one batch of sugar cookies and jello jigglers. I only bought one bag of mixed candy for trick or treaters. And, I don't even have a costume picked out. Crazy, I know. We/I are trying to simplify our lives. (Once Christmas is over, I'll let you know how it worked out)

So, with that said, for our FHE on Monday we carved pumpkins and roasted the seeds. LT and I are a perfect match when it come to pumpkins, I want the seeds for roasting and he wants to do all of the carving. O was fearless and gutted the pumpkin with me. I love that she wants to do everything I do. We had fun with our slimy hands and, we discovered pumpkin slime is very slick when you get it wet.

O wanted to do some of the carving too and she's got LTs touch. I'm excited to see what her pumpkins will look like when she's old enough to wield the knife all by herself. She also enjoyed making a puzzle out of the pieces poked out of the pumpkin.

My favorite pumpkins are the two little vampire ones. They are the ones I did, but that really has nothing to do with them being my favorite.




The master at work.


Our pumpkin family. I'm excited to carve our final two, not pictured, on Sunday night.

1 comment: