Friday, October 28, 2011

Some funnies

Last night we were reading a Charlie Brown Valentine book with O. He was nervous to talk with the little red haired girl. O thought that was funny, but then she became somber and told us she was nervous to talk with Joseph. Oh, that little rascal.

We were making sugar cookies this morning and I was only using the pumpkin cookie cutter.
O, "Mom, why are you using the pumpkin?"
M, "Because I like pumpkins."
O, "How about you use the other ones."
M, "But, I don't want to, I like pumpkins."
O, "Here, use this ghost."
Hum, who is in charge here???

Yesterday was a big day for O. She took a shower ALL BY HERSELF, with supervision. She started out with goggles so the water wouldn't get in her eyes while she soaped up. Then the goggles came off and she "washed" her hair. She was so proud of herself and I have to admit, I was really proud of her too. Although, I'm not ready to have her do this every day, I am thrilled to see her grow in confidence with her abilities. The other half of this story, when I got in the shower, she not only hid my towel, but took ALL the towels out of the bathroom. Little stinker. I had to use the bath mat/towel until I found her. We have a lot of fun teasing each other.

One "toy" I despise is Play-Doh. Seriously, I can't stand the stuff. We don't buy it anymore so we haven't had it in our house for ages. Well, at school on Monday, they made play-doh and brought it home. I have to admit, O has been really enthralled with making things. Yesterday, I make Rapunzel and O cut her hair.

One of my favorite things about O is her love for others. Here she is with one of her favorite baby buddies, E.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that she started out with goggles! That is great!

Jackie said...

Could that picture really be any cuter with those two?!?! <3