Monday, October 3, 2011

O lost a tooth!!!



Yep, it's kind of a big deal.

We weren't expecting her to lose teeth until she was 6. She had a friend lose one last summer and since then she's been asking us when she would start losing teeth. We told her when she was 6. We thought it was a safe guess. Well, weeks ago, I noticed the alignment of her bottom teeth was shifting. I took a closer look and she had her permanent tooth coming in behind it.

SHARK TEETH!!!

LT and I were both shocked. Really shocked. We weren't ready for this, AT ALL. I feel like we've entered a phase of parenthood too quickly. When did she get old enough to lose teeth? As strange as this sounds, we were really dumbfounded. I know, I know, it's just a lost tooth. BUT that means she growing up. Like, really growing up.

She was a little freaked out at first and she wasn't sure what to make of it. She said, "But, I'm not 6". ha ha ha. Her baby tooth wasn't very wiggly and she didn't want to wiggle it. I wasn't too worried because we had a dentist appointment in a couple of weeks and I could have the Dr. look at it then. Well, last week was our appointment and he said when he saw her Monday, today, he would just pull it out since that side of her mouth would be numb. He wasn't sure it would come out very easily or quickly on it's own.

Well, lately O has been quite contrary and while preparing for our appointment this morning she was yelling and crying because she didn't want to brush her teeth and go to the dentist. She told me she wasn't going to lose her tooth until she was 6. Hum.... kiddo, that is MONTHS from now. Well, I didn't push it or worry about it. Once we got there, she was all for having her tooth pulled.

She's been happy about it all day. She couldn't wait to show her friends and teachers at pre school this afternoon. She even showed me how she was going to put her tooth under her pillow so the tooth fairy could find it. Then she showed me how she was going to lay down. In the process, she lost the tooth. Oops. We searched the bed and pillowcase and found it on the floor.

And there you have it, the story of O's first lost tooth.

Now, I just need to remember to put some coins under her pillow tonight.

No comments: