Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 29

Okay, so I've saved these last two posts for the last because I wanted to take the time to write something meaningful to me. Well, I got swept up in the holiday madness and my daughter decided her bedtime needs to be at 10:00. (Ya, I know, it's really annoying. Especially since she wakes up at the same time in the morning and is cranky all day. Oh, and if I go anywhere in the car in the afternoon she passes out and wants to stay up until 10:00 again. So frustrating, but I digress.)

My plan for this post was to write a little ditty about how much I love music. BUT, since I don't really write music, a ditty was out of the question. So then, I wanted to write a piece about how music reaches the deepest part of my soul, balances me and brings the world into focus for a moment. BUT, like I said before, I got caught up in the holiday madness and my daughter won't go to bed at a decent time, so I don't have much time to myself to write a meaningful piece about how much I love music. (How's that for redundancy?)

So, to steal a line from Jerry MaGuire, a movie I have never seen, but phrase I've heard for years, "You complete me" music.

There, wasn't that just beautiful. It doesn't do justice to how I feel when I am wrapped up in a brilliant composition of music, but it will do for now.

No comments: