Thursday, May 26, 2011

10 years!! Already?

So, LT and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary this year. I feel like we've been together forever. In fact, I have no recollection of our first 3 anniversaries. Neither of us do. But, this is how we celebrated our other anniversaries.

4th - LT had the stomach flu, we cancelled our dinner date.

5th - LT was on a carrier near S. America. I was getting Scuba Certified in Thailand.

6th - LT had been tasked to organize a retirement party for work. It took ALL of his free time for weeks. He had a mandatory dinner with his co-workers the night of our anniversary, so he wasn't around. I was pretty put out. He was nice enough to bring something home for me. He was at a mexican restaurant and he asked the waiter for something really good. What he brought home looked like a deep fried heart. I kid you not, it was the shape of a heart and it was covered with batter. I still refer to it as the "anniversary autopsy". I carefully cut into the outer covering and removed the batter. It ended up being a deep fried, stuffed green pepper. At the time, I didn't eat green peppers, so it was kind of a dud.

7th - LT was on a submarine. I went to Sea World with O.


8th - LT was in Djibouti. I went to Nassau, Bahamas.


9th - We had just moved to MD and had only been reunited for 3 months. We were still getting used to each other again and neither of us recall if we went on a date.

10th - WE SPENT IT TOGETHER!!!! It was one of the first anniversaries we've really celebrated in a long time. A great friend offered to take O overnight and we spent the day in DC.

I reserved a little bed and breakfast on www.hostelworld.com. I still laugh when I think about it.

We explored some of the touristy sights.


Walked A LOT.
Ate at a dive of a restaurant, and the food was exceptional.
Got a parking ticket. (It was issued at 6:33. I still don't think we should have paid it).

Watched two episodes of Bones, our favorite show, and were out by 10:30. (Our bed was what I call a taco bed. It kind of folded up around us and rolled us into the middle.)

O had the time of her life at her sleep over. Thanks again M for your generous gift to us.

I know this would be a good place to put all sorts of mushy, lovey comments about LT, but I'm just not a cheesy kind of girl. What I will say is that we are perfectly matched and I feel like one lucky woman. I love my man and I love how he loves me. He knows me better than I know myself at times. I had no idea marriage could be so good. I had no idea a relationship could be so good, and I look forward to the next 10 or bazillion years together.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

You are still such a crack up! He is away, you celebrate somewhere big...I love it!

I am sure though, that this anniversary,together, was your favorite!

Congrats to the beautiful couple!

orangemily said...

Happy Anniversary!

Miss M said...

ha ha, Kristi, I was wondering if anyone would notice that.