Monday, May 9, 2011

A Week of Firsts

The first time O wanted to wear a hat to church was Easter Sunday. O had her first swimming lessons last week. She's pretty cautious around deep water and she absolutely does NOT like water in her face, so I consider O getting in the pool and blowing bubbles a huge success. She was so much fun to watch. She repeatedly told her teacher, "watch me" and then did something completely unrelated to what he was teaching them. For example, they were suppose to bob down in the water and let it get to their chin. O wanted him to watch her jump and kick a leg up. I'm so proud of her for trying it. I've told her swimming is just something you have to learn. She told the teacher "I'm nervous" before she went into the pool. He reassured her and in she went. She was beaming from ear to ear with that accomplishment. At the end of the lesson, each class member had to jump into the pool. O was so close. She would bend down like she was going to jump and then she would just keep going until she was squatting on the floor. I think she'll be more confident in the water after these lessons. Wa-hoo!!

O went to her first T-ball game. One of her favorite friends plays on a team and she asked to see one of his games. Here they are post game sharing oranges.
The first "pet" I have EVER purchased. I am NOT a pet person and it's hard for me to think of these little guys as pets, but that is what they are for now. The black one is Kung Pao and the light one is Cashew. I'm not sure how long we'll get to keep them. I'm pretty certain the HOA will frown on this acquisition, so, we won't tell any of our neighbors. Besides, I'm not sure how long the little chicks will survive all of the love and attention O gives to them. On a side note, I've wanted to own chickens for a LONG time. I really like the idea of fresh eggs and little guys running around in the yard eating bugs. I didn't tell LT before I bought them, but as soon as I did, I called him. I can't keep anything from him, especially if I'm concerned it will be a big deal. He laughed at me. He said he wasn't surprised. Hum, not sure what to think of that one.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sooo fun!! Why am I not surprised about the chicks either? :-)

Molly said...

My kids have also been very cautious around the water. It's taken a lot of lessons by my 7 year old is now finally swimmin. The 5 year old still has a way to go.
I really badly want chickens for the eggs but I just don't know if I'll be able to take care of them seeing how I can barely care for the 4 human chicks I have...Keep us posted.