Sunday, May 22, 2011

Recap

Sunday
We were pretty much lazy bums all day. O woke up at 11:00 p.m. and didn't go back to sleep until 3:00 a.m.

Monday
I had planned to go to the "Food and Farming Freedom" Rally in DC with a friend, but I cancelled. O and I were pretty out of sorts from being up. My friend said she had a great time at the rally. Here is an excerpt from her blog. (It's private, otherwise I'd send you over there).

"Recently, Pennsylvania Amish farmer Dan Allgyer was the victim of an undercover sting and armed raid by FDA agents. He is now facing legal action for providing raw (unpasteurized) milk to Maryland residents. Raw milk sales are illegal in Maryland, so the only way to obtain it is to go to a legal state (Pennsylvania being one of them). "Grass Fed On The Hill" is a buying club made up of Maryland consumers who sign contracts and pay Dan for his labor and for the upkeep of the farm, and then he ships his farm products to local drop sites. The FDA is involved because they claim that this constitutes interstate commerce, and that interstate sales of raw milk are illegal. Their official stance is that raw milk is dangerous and should not be consumed under any circumstance."

I'm a fan of raw milk, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. LT can drink it without any ill side effects and that is a big deal to me.

What bothers me the most about this issue is, it is a waste of time and resources. C'mon people, it's milk. MILK!!!. It is not dangerous, it is far better than other substances and fake foods the FDA approves. I know the guise is interstate commerce, but really, the issue is the FDA doesn't want raw milk to be sold. I just don't understand why is it such a big deal. I feel I should have the right to consume foods that are healthy. There is a lot more I could say about this topic. In fact, one day, health and food will get it's own post.

Tuesday
O was up again from 11:00 til ? It was a long night.
Preschool. Playdate. RS night.

Wednesday
O just isn't sleeping.
Swimming!!!! O put her head under the water. Wa-hoo!!! She is getting braver and braver.

Thursday
O came into our room at 2:30 a.m. and said "I hate sleep". Oh dear.
Preschool. Shopping. Girls Camp meeting. (I'm getting really excited. How is it that where ever I move, I end up involved in YW one way or another? I love it and I'm happy to be involved.)

Friday
Gym. Treadmill. Yoga.
It kicked my bootie and I loved every minute of it. I didn't make it to standing for Bird of Paradise, but one day I will. I sure paid the price for a hard workout. I was kind of useless for the rest of the day.
We took the "girls" to a friends house and let them play in the garden. They were in little chicky heaven. (I call our chicks the "girls" so my nosy neighbor won't hear me say "chicks". ) I know the time is shortly coming when we will have to give them to someone else to can take care of them. It will be a sad day.
Swimming! O put her head underwater several times.

Saturday
O came into our room at 4:00 a.m. I laid down to snuggle with her and she was freezing cold. Poor kid. I think one of the reasons why she hasn't been sleeping well is she is getting cold in the middle of the night. Her little heater fan, that is 10 years old, quit working. LT took it apart and fixed it. I love having a handy man.
Yard Sale - O was really funny about the whole thing. At first she wasn't too keen on getting rid of some of her stuff. I had to explain we needed to pass on our stuff to make room for new stuff. I made a deal with her that with the money we made from the sale, we would buy a movie like Tangled or Gnomeo and Juliet. She was fine after that.
Work Party - O complained all day about having to go to daddys work party. She didn't want to go. However, once she was there, she changed her mind. After her hot dog, she had cookies, cake and ice cream. LOTS of cookies, cake and ice cream. She was in dessert heaven and didn't want to come home.

Today
O slept until 6:00 a.m. THANK GOODNESS.


On the Nightstand
The Path of Daggers
by Robert Jordan
Man oh man, Perrins story line gets SO BORING at this point. Is it just me? I can't stand his wife and their relationship. Give me more of Matt or the other girls. Seriously Mr. Jordan, I think this is where you start to lose more of your readers.

State of MD Jurisprudence Exam
In MD, why can't massage therapists practice energy work (Reiki or Polarity Therapy)? I wonder if this includes acupressure and shiatsu? The agency that regulates massage therapists in MD is called the Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene. What exactly is "mental hygiene"?

My calendar Melissa Hill
Yep, I have to look at it a time or two a day to remind myself of my commitments.

This and That
I've had to take Imitrex 10 times already and I'm only allowed 9 pills a month. I don't think my preventative medicine is working any more. Can I just trade my vascular system in for a new one?

O ate a cherry tomato. I thought it would open up a whole new world for her. She spit it out. I can't blame her. I still struggle with tomatoes.

I cooked broccoli this week and totally ruined it.




1 comment:

Mariam said...

K has been the exact opposite of O in the sleep department. She went to church today with wet hair because I couldn't get her to wake up. I have to admit, I'll take the sleeping in over early wake ups. But, I am NOT a morning person.

Sounds like lots of fun and adventure at your house.