Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 in Review, words

2011 was a great year for our family. Amidst the chaos and peril in the world, our little family was blessed with peace and happiness.

Highlights
O lost 2 teeth
I had my first ever pedicure. Yep, I survived 36 years without ever having one. It was a bit torture and a bit fun.
LT went to a concert with me. Now, my friends, THAT is true love.
We celebrated 10 years of marriage. Wa-hoo!!!
I visited ID in October to celebrate my brothers wedding. I love seeing him happy.
We discovered Bowie Baysox Baseball theme nights. O and I ventured out for Star Wars, Super Hero and Navy night. Her favorite part is the fireworks and running the bases at the end of the game.
O and I visited LT when he was in FL in August.
Mr. Blanchard visited us during LT's birthday. There are a few things as satisfying as being with dear friends.
LT surprised me with a party for my birthday.
We experienced an earthquake and a few days later a hurricane.
O had a Star Wars themed birthday party.
My mum and dad visited for a week in September.

Accomplishments
O graduated from pre-school in April. It was more of a dress rehearsal though, because she really graduates in 2012.
I canned chicken. Actually, it is the first thing I have EVER canned. I plan to do more canning of fresh foods for our food storage. Watch out farmers markets, here in I come in 2012.
LT completed 2 grad level, intensive computer classes. He has 2 wall plaques to prove his utter geekyness.
We finally found a good spot for our kitchen table. (HUGE accomplishment. We've been here over a year and a half, it's about time.)
O overcame most of her concerns about water and became a fish. We had fun at the pool and beaches.
I passed the MD Jurisprudence exam and received my MD Massage license. I'm excited to be legal to do what I love.
I went to girls camp, LT went to scout camp and we both survived.

O completed 2 dance classes and wants MORE.



In 2012 we are looking forward to;
O and I are making a 3 week visit to ID to see my family, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. (LT will even join us for a portion of it)
LT has 2 more computer courses on his schedule.
O will really graduate from pre school this year and start Kindergarten in the fall. (I'm still not sure I'm ready for that.)
In the fall, I will either do massage part time or take a class. I'm exited for either one.



No comments: