Sunday, April 15, 2012

O and my pending trip to TX

So, whenever O doesn't like something or want to do something, she calls it ugly. For example, if she doesn't want to eat something, "MOM, I don't want (whatever) it's too UGLY!!!" Or, "I don't want to go to the park, it's too UGLY!!!" I try really hard to hold the laughter in when she's adamant it's ugly. I'm just glad it's her cuss word. I can handle ugly.

The pre school O attends focuses on a letter each week. O has a friend, Torri, and when the letter of the week was "V", Torri insisted she be called by her given name, Victoria. As a result, O informed us she'd changed her name to Victoria. Okay.. The funny part of this story happened at the park. We went to the park one day without our friends so O had to make new friends. She told them her name was Victoria. I heard them calling for her across the playground. I laughed and laughed. Seriously, what a character.

O loves Veggie Tales. One day I asked LT if he wanted cucumber on his salad. O dramatically said, "DON'T eat Larry".

O is REALLY into The Phantom of the Opera right now. She will put it on repeat and sing along. It's really cute, most of the time. Last night, however, she was awake at 3:30, singing.

O started T-Ball. For weeks leading up to it she told me how ugly it was and that she didn't want to play. 3 of her friends are on the team and we knew once she started, she would really like it. The day of the first  practice she decided it wasn't ugly anymore.







I have no clue what she is doing in this picture. But it's funny.

Getting her hat from Coach Joe


Practicing the swing.



CONTACT!!


In other news, I'm going to TX this week to do some maintenance on our home there. We are in between tenants so it's the perfect time. I've had mixed feelings leading up to this trip, and even a nightmare. TX was a hard place for me. I realize what I experienced there could have happened anywhere we lived. I can honestly say, it was one of the hardest experiences of my life. I was tried and tested. So, I'm not thrilled to return to the place that holds many bad memories. And on the flip side, my experiences brought me to a level of faith that I that really sealed me to the Lord. A part of me is settled about going back so I can appreciate who I am now. I met some genuinely salt of the earth people there and I'm excited to connect with them again. If I have time when I return, I'll post about my experiences there.

No comments: