Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Our house, O and her hair.

Ah, the good life! We will be moving in a couple of months to a property that has just about all that we've wanted in a house. Our closing date is quite some time away, but we've received permission to clear vines and debris from the yard. So, we've spent a couple of hours each week clearing the back 40. ha ha ha. At least, that is what it feels like. Here are some pictures I took while we were there last Saturday. I'd like to take you on a mini tour of our soon to be home.

Here is the doghouse which is across from the garage. O is CONVINCED we are getting a dog. We are NOT getting a dog, but we do plan to get chickens. I'm working on clearing the fenced area so we can try the chickens in there.


Here is the greenhouse that is attached to the garage. I'm so very, very excited to get busy in there. I plan to grow wheatgrass so I can juice it and use it in my green smoothies. (Side note about green smoothies at the Hill household. When I started making them, O refused to drink them based on the color, and you know what, I couldn't blame her. They didn't look so appealing. Since I really wanted to get more veggies in our diet I had to get sneaky and make them when she was out of the kitchen. I put hers in a colored cup with a lid and she drank from a straw. Today, she saw me make it, and it was a bright green one today and she actually drank the entire smoothie. Hooray for success.)


Here is the path from the driveway to the addition to the front house. O calls the addition her ballroom or dance hall. When you see a picture from the inside, you'll know why.


Here is the ballroom from the front of the house.


The ballroom once again. You can see more of the house in this picture. LTs truck is in the driveway by the garage.


This is on the side of the house opposite the dog house. The driveway to our home is not pictured but would be on the right. You can't see the main road in this picture, but it is at the top of the hill.


If you pan right from the previous picture this is what you see. The driveway is beyond the ivy. You can also see our neighbors house past the trees.


One of the pretty dogwood blossoms in the front yard.


This is a view of a portion of the backyard. We've got a lot of clearing to do to get it how we want it.


This is the backyard and I am walking toward the greenhouse and garage.


More backyard.


The little roof on the right is the doghouse. The greenhouse is on the left at the edge of the house.


And here, my friends, is the
GRAND BALLROOM!!
It has 5 sets of sliding glass doors.


Here is the former front door of the home. The ballroom is behind me. You can see into the hallway and you can even see a chair at the kitchen table.



O has become intensely interested in doing her own hair. Most days she sneaks off into her bathroom and comes out with just about every thing she owns pinned on her head. I get a real kick out of it and I don't tell her to take it out. I love that she likes to play with how it looks. Here are some pictures of just one of her creations. Enjoy. (Also, she is wearing her favorite dress from last summer and she is determined to wear it every day of this summer. You may see a lot of it.)



3 comments:

Nichole said...

loved the tour and the hair was the icing on the cake

Rachel said...

I love love LOVE Maryland!! So excited for you guys!!

Jadi said...

I LOVE the ballroom! I can picture Olivia and her friends dancing in there. :) I also love the house and the nice secluded yard!! I am so happy for you guys. :)