Saturday, February 22, 2014

Odds and Ends


Let me start this post with, I am blessed to know some really remarkable people. I'm happy out here on the east coast. Happier than I thought I'd be, although I miss my mountains and clear water, I feel at home here. Living here is a thousand times better than the hell I endured in TX. I've spent time this week with people that make me laugh, people that make me want to be a better person and people that make me feel loved. 

Work?

I know I'm in the minority and have been able to be home with O prior to school. Once she started kindergarten, I exhaled and took time for myself. I do a lot of service during the week, but I'm not satisfied with it anymore. I've been volunteering in Os classroom since the beginning of the year and I love it. It reminds me of how much I love being in the classroom . So, I applied to be a TA. I don't know if I'll be hired, but I would REALLY like to work there. I've been sent to get all the paperwork done with the county so I can substitute TA. It's a start, right?


Bowling
Thursday after school we went bowling with some friends and somehow O got her ball stuck in between the bumper and gutter. 





Look, it's a slide.





The kids beat the adults. They DID have the bumpers though.




Boob Talk
O was explaining puberty to me and she said when you get boobs you get red tubey, sucky thingies. I told her they were nipples. "Nibbles? Do the babies nibble on them"?

Last night O put on my bra over her pajamas and tried to go to bed. We were trying to get if off of her while she was yelling, "Don't touch my BOO-ZUM, let go of my boobies"! After it was over LT said, "I never thought I'd have to take your bra off my daughter". 

I ended up with these "Hot Booties" at my white elephant party, I had to fight for them too. When O saw them she asked if they said, "Hot Boobies". I told her yes. That was in December. She saw them again this week on my feet and said, "Those aren't hot boobies, you lied to me. They don't warm up your boobs". ha ha ha.




On Saturday mornings, O usually comes into our bed to wake us up and snuggle. It always turns into something goofy. Well, this morning she tried to clamp a hair claw on my chest. Punk!

Catching up with O

Me - "I want to have Lasik".

O - "Mom, have I told you, without your glasses, you look kind of creepy"?


O - "Whenever I see a full moon, I bark".

O - "Dad, let me kiss your forehead, you're kind of shavey". To LT when he hasn't shaved.

O - "Make way for my fancy hair"

On the Nightstand
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
LT was given this trilogy as a gift a couple of years ago and he was dysfunctional for several weeks while he read it. He keeps telling me I should read it and the time has arrived. I started. I'm 100 plus pages in and it has potential. I already know I like the author. He finished up the Wheel of Time series when Robert Jordan died. I loved the shift in the writing style. Mr. Jordan was a gifted storyteller, but wow, he was too verbose for my liking.

Divergent by Veronica Roth
I was 186 in the queue at the library but, Laurie came to the rescue. It looks like a quick read. I plan to be done by the time I see the movie.

Kid Quotes
"I don't want to back in the cage"! K to her mom when she was told they were getting into the car.

"I'm not a terrorist! I'm not a terrorist", K in the airplane when it was time to buckle up. Her mom was worried they'd be detained. To put this into context, you need to know, when she is acting up her dad will say, "K, don't be a terrorist", to which she responds, "I'm not a terrorist, I'm a big girl". 

Clearly, K does NOT like being buckled into anything. K is 2.

No comments: