Friday, February 28, 2014

The week in review


Work
I was hired to substitute TA at Monarch. Woot!! I'll work this Tuesday. I was talking with Os teacher during playtime and I told her about my application. My comment about skipping the interviewing process was, "Either my résumé was awesome, or they are really desperate". With out missing a beat, she said, "They are desperate". I laughed to myself about that. (Besides, my résumé was a bit sucky. I'm mad I left one bullet point off, suggested by an english major friend, and it made it look stupid). Part of the application process required watching some horrifying videos about blood born pathogens, bullying, and abuse. I had to look away repeatedly. It was HORRIBLE!!


DBSA

We had an AWESOME meeting this week. We had two new people and a lot of returning ones. Two of them connected when they were talking about their experiences with psychosis. There was a lot of compassion and healing in the room. My favorite part was the genuine laughter at the end of the meeting. It felt good to have people leave feeling uplifted. I am so blessed to facilitate this group. Our next meeting will be at our new permanent home in Severn. No more crazy library schedule. I know a regular meeting time will make it easier for more people to attend and benefit from the meetings.



Boob Talk
One friend thought of me when she saw this picture. It is from a list of commonly mispronounced words by toddlers.



Erica was transferring baby Alice to me and there was an accidental boob brush in the process. I apologized and she commented it's the most action she's had in a while. Her husband has been gone for weeks on a trip. I'm glad I could make her day like that. 

"Thank you for my boobies, thank you for my bum" Rapunzel/O during the evening prayer.


Brett Dennen
I don't know how, but some how, I ended up in the front row for the show. Proper front row concert etiquette requires yelling out requests. So, I yelled my favorite song. He actually played it for his solo song, and I'd like to think he played it just for me. His opening act was awesome, thank goodness. The one he had in Baltimore last October was terrible. The group of people I was with all agreed, they sucked. 

He ALWAYS goes barefoot on the stage.




I was this close. I didn't have to zoom for this picture.



Alice
I have loved playing with my adopted daughter Alice. I've seen her every week since she was born. I'm going for the title of Favorite Aunt. This is what I do to entertain myself when I get to play with Alice. 

Squishy Face


She's not so happy right now.



Her mom is SO MEAN. I keep telling her not to put the brain squisher on, but, she WON'T listen. This is how we found her when she got out of the car.
"NO, don't take my picture".


"I am humiliated".



Favorite Quote

"My baby has developed this back and forth head twitch the last week. Turns out the little turd has discovered "no", she's been telling me no all week...and so it begins" Eric Forrest

O
On Thursday, LT and I had meetings in the evening so we got a sitter for O. Well, true to form, O did everything she could to avoid going to bed. After reading book after book to her, the sitter told her to get something to read that would put her to sleep. So, O brought her The Economist. 

No comments: