Friday, May 11, 2012

11 on the 11th.

Happy Anniversary to us!!

We went out to dinner with O tonight to celebrate, and she was really put out that I wanted to sit next to Daddy. The nerve!! We shared memories of our wedding day and laughed. We've experienced a lot in 11 years and it has certainly changed us. And changed us for the better. Here are some of the pictures from our "I Do" day 11 years ago. They are blurry and cheesy, and I love them.


Leightons hair was so long back then. I can't remember the last time he had hair long enough to "flip". We were so stinkin' young.



I love that we chose to get married at the Jordan River temple instead of the Salt Lake one. EVERYBODY gets married at the SL temple, and I'm just not the type of person to do what EVERYONE else likes to do. I'm so glad we went where we went. I was the only bride there that day. No assembly line, no comparing brides and dresses and wedding parties. Just us.



I love that my wedding dress wasn't the typical wedding dress. I love that I didn't have to go shopping for it. I love that it had a flowy skirt. I love that it was comfortable and pretty, uncommon, and one of a kind. (Funny thing about that statement. When we moved into our home in Midvale, our next door neighbor, who is an amazing woman, gave us special names. She was battling cancer and I'm not quite clear on how it all worked, but we became part of her tribe. She named me "One of a Kind" and LT was "Go My Son". She said my name was a very special one and the male "One of a Kind" was her brother. I felt very appreciated for being my own self. )


My parents. I like my smile in this one, so I had to use it.



I love that I arm wrestled with my bff on the lawn at the temple while wearing my super cool wedding dress.



This is the spot where LT proposed to me. It is a really beautiful place, it's too bad you can't tell from the picture. Neither of us knew what we were getting in to.


2 comments:

Britnana4 said...

AHHH BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES, THANK YOU FOR SHARING. YOU BOTH ARE SO YOUTHFUL, EXCITED AND OPEN TO WHATEVER THE LORD WILL SEND TO YOU. WHAT PATHS YOU HAVE TAKEN SO FAR, AND YOU HAVE GROWN ALONG THE WAY. 11 YEARS IT HS GONE BY QUICKLY FOR ME, AND SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED. IT IS WONDERFUL THAT OLIVIA WAS THERE TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU AND HEAR YOUR MEMMORIES, MELISSA YOU LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL AND LEIGHTON SO HAPPY, I DO BELIEVE HE WAS PROUD OF HIS NEW WIFE, SHE IS A STUNNING YOUNG LADY, CAPTURING A HANDSOME YOUNG MAN. OF COURSE MELISSA YOU REALIZE WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR A PHOTO OF YOU WITH YOUR SHORTER HAIR. PLEASE, LOVE TO YOU BOTH HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE ANNIVERSARIES. I LOVE YOU... MUM AKA NANA

Britnana4 said...

WHOOPS I FINALLY GET A COMMENT PRINTED AND IT HAS SPELLING ERRORS. SO SORRY.