Thursday, May 24, 2012

Here I go

I'm irritable and bothered. I seriously misplaced my patience earlier on this week and have yet to find it again. I think I've used up all of my reserves too. 

I'm bothered by the news articles I've been reading about this upcoming election. This year I made a point of following the Republican candidates.  I'm not republican but I want to know who my options may be. 

I faithfully watched the debates and thought about the topics discussed. I never liked Cain, or Bachman. Huntsman didn't have a chance. I thought about Newt for a while, but the more I learned about his history and paid attention to his words, I decided he was off the list. The only thing I liked about Santorum was he believes a healthy family unit is what will help our nation stay great. I liked most of his comments about social issues. 

I REALLY liked Ron Paul. He seems like, out of all of the guys out there, the least corruptible. I really, really liked a lot of what he had to say. But, I didn't like his policy on drugs and some of his policies on National Defense. AND, I'm not sure he'd be successful negotiating with both sides of the aisle. I'm off and on about Mitt. I worry that he is going to ignore environmental concerns to appease big oil. I think there are many, many positives about him. He really does know how to runs stuff. I was living in SLC when the Olympic games were tagged as being in debt and unaffordable. He came along and managed the games without debt. 

Speaking of debt, Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are the only guys running their campaigns without debt. HELLO AMERICA!!  I'm NOT impressed with Obama, at all. He keeps trying to fix things by spending money. 

Also, why is it one candidate can "evolve" and it's okay, while another candidate is labeled a "flip flopper"? Which technically, he never did. He never "flopped" back. Seriously, words.

I'm starting to get even more bothered, so I'm stopping this and moving on.



So, O graduated from her preschool this past Friday. The program was, of course, cute. 

Here is the class of 2025!!


I really don't know what she's doing here, but she looks thoughtful.


This is how she posed for LT. 
AND, this is also why she will likely have ankle, knee and hip problems later in life. 
What a goofball. 


Here she is with her Rockstar preschool teachers. She loves them and so do I. I'm nervous for Kindergarten next year and she thrilled.

Scars on 45
These guys have a great sound. They kind of remind me of Coldplay, but better. They have a lot more going on with their instruments and vocals. I really really enjoyed their set. I've been listening to their album non stop since the concert and that was 2 weeks ago.

Ingrid. 
I heart her. She was so much fun to be with. 
I would love to see her again.

These guys were at the merch table so I grabbed them for a pic.


If all goes well, we will be closing on our house next week. I'm not quite sure it's real yet. I feel good, but pretty mellow about it too. We have a lot of cleaning to do before I will allow ANYTHING into the house. I'm kind of a control freak about bugs in the house. ha ha ha... I'm excited to get out of limbo land. I'm going to be busy cleaning, moving, updating addresses and accounts, and preparing for girls camp all at the same time. At least, I get to finish up June with a week at Girls Camp. It is stressful there, but it is also totally worth every ounce of preparation and stress. I'm really going to miss my girls when I move. They are a handful, but they've endeared themselves to me in their own little way.

On The Nightstand.
Now that my television shows are over for a season, I've spent more time reading. Funny how that happens. I was at the library and picked up two books at random, they are;


The Mostly  True Story of Jack By Kelly Barnhill
It's young adult fiction and I really enjoyed it. It was fun to step away from of the other books I'm reading and escape into a land of magic and mystery.

The Clockwork Universe, Isaac Newton, the Royal Society, and the Birth of the Modern World  By Edward Dolnick
Well, it's interesting and it provides bits of science trivia I can share with LT. So far I've learned about the Greeks understanding of gravity before Isaac Newton explained it.

Backyard Homesteading , A Back-to-Basics Guide to Self-Sufficiency  by David Toht.
I reserved this book and I RELLY like it. In fact, I'd like to buy it so I don't have to keep renewing it from the library. I first checked it out to read about raising goats but there is so much more in there I just want to own it and use it as a reference book as we progress with our land. We are starting with goats to help clear the land. I will prepare a plot of land for gardening this fall and then in the spring we will look at at the possibility of raising chickens, for eggs and meat. And I think, eventually, I'd like to try beekeeping.  Have I mentioned before how excited I am to move to our new place?

Women of Character, Profiles of 100 Prominent LDS Women" by Susan Easton Black and Mary Jane Woodger.
I bought this book because it was on sale and I thought it would be interesting to learn a little bit about LDS women past and present. One thing that is evident in this book is that UT was way ahead of the times when it came to women suffrage and women in politics. I grin a little when I think about all of the haters saying mormons see women as second class citizens. Whatever. Take that haters.



1 comment:

Steph-Ann said...

I shall now attempt to buy that backyard homesteading book as a gift for JD instead of the "10,000 Receipts" (yes, it really is called that, yes, it should say recipes, no, that kind of thing doesn't bother my hubs in the least, no, I can't bring myself to pay money for such a thing) book that he requested. I think it would prove to be a much more useful tool than the one he requested (which I can't bear to name again). As for politics and patience, I find that the former never aids the latter. Congrats to miss O on her graduation! She'll make a great kindergartener. :-)