Friday, May 4, 2012

This and That

I had a little freak out session earlier this week about buying our house. Are we really ready to buy? Do we know what we are doing? Am I ready to give up my kitchen?

This weekend, LT is taking a SANS course and I am going on the High Adventure trip for our Stake YW. Woot.

I ate 4 donuts yesterday and I feel fine.

I LOVE my green smoothies. I've decided Kale is my green of choice. It's more affordable than spinach and it is better for me. I've noticed that as long as I drink my smoothies everyday, my sugar cravings kind of go away. There is hope for an addict like me.

I went to a Kina Grannis concert. It was awesome. I love being tall because I could see over everyone. Then again, most of the people in the front were short. I didn't really get there early, but I ended up with only 3, very short, people in front of me. I got some great pictures and okay video. I want to see her again. She chatted a lot with the audience. I love that, it makes the concert experience so much more enjoyable.

I'm going to see Ingrid Michaelson in a few weeks.

I really want to see Matt Nathanson. Most of his shows here have been on Sunday. Grr

I cut my hair short. I like it. I'm sending a braid to a friend on her mission. It should make her laugh. She always told me how much she loved my hair and now she can have some. I even made her a hair clip with my hair glued onto it. ha ha ha. I crack myself up.

We've reserved 2 goats. We will pick them up in June. O wants to name one of them Tommy. Okay.

O's pre school held their annual art auction last night. It's a fundraiser where the kids have their artwork on display for their parents to buy. Yep, I have to buy my daughters work. Last year O valued her piece at $50,000. This year the price was a little more complicated. It was something like. "8 dimes and 20 dollars. You have to use 2 dollars to make the 8 dimes and 20 dollars." I love that kid.

Yesterday O called my dad, just because. SHE wanted to talk on the phone. Anytime I picked it up to talk to him she told me I was interrupting her. Okay.

O is still obsessed with "The Phantom of the Opera". I gave the "Highlights" CD and she plays it nonstop. She likes to go for the high notes. It's pretty impressive.

Our 11th anniversary is this Friday. 11th on the 11th. Woot. I want to go on a date on Saturday. Because I want to go to a girls night on Friday, is that bad?

One of my friends confided in me that she was so tired, one morning she tried to shave her armpits with her toothpaste. In her defense, her toothpaste is in a pump like her saving cream, and her baby isn't sleeping through the night, but even so, that is just funny. I laugh imagining the slight tingle all day.


I bought a Kirby vacuum for only $200. I'm so excited because I totally scored on the deal. They are ridiculously expensive new. The only thing that needs to be fixed, is, it smells like dirty socks when it runs. I've taken it apart and cleaned just about ever nook and cranny. I think I'm going to go to the Kirby store and just get a new bag. BUT, even with replacing the bag, you can't beat that deal. I'm excited to suck all of the crap out of the basement carpet in our new house and shampoo it too.

One of my friends went to the temple to receive her endowment this week. I took care of her little dude while she was there. She dropped him off while O was at school. He was really reserved and quiet with me, but once O came into the picture he was way more excited. On our drive home from pre school, I told O my goal with E was to get him to laugh and to get him to babble. I'd tried tickling him, but it hadn't worked. So, she reached over in the car and tickled him. He laughed and laughed. It made me happy to see her so happy to get him to laugh. I have some cute video of them playing in our fort.

We have started boxing things in the house so that means O has been playing with our boxes. We read a book from the library called, "Not a Box". O's imagination has been running wild. Well, it always runs wild, so it has been in overdrive. We used 2 large wardrobe boxes to make a fort. I think later on today or sometime this weekend we'll add 2 more boxes and take over the entire living room. Why not, huh? She's having a blast, AND she can color on the walls and it's no big deal.

After I returned from TX, I left the very next day for a fun weekend in Harrisburg, PA. I went to Time Out for Women. It's the third time I've been to one and they never disappoint. This time I went with some friends from my ward, L and her two daughters V and R. We had a really good time. At one point on the drive there, L, who was driving, was laughing so hard she had to wipe tears away. It was a sign of things to come. Several times I had to wipe tears because I was laughing so hard. The presenters were great, the messages were great, and the company was great. It was an overall perfect way to end a thoughtful and exhausting week.

I recently finished "Heaven is Here" by Stephanie Nielson. I've heard bits and pieces of her story over the years. It was nice to read about her entire experience. I liked that she was real about her experiences with being burned, recovery, her depression, her stubbornness and her desires for her family. I cried a few times while reading it.

Here is one of our little guys. He is only 2 days old in this picture.


The one that is the boy is ours. Ya, I don't know which one it is.

 Me and the R girls at Time Out for Women.

Kina Grannis
Serious Kina

Kina Grannis
Happy Kina


1 comment:

Nichole said...

minesp ffhemere I'm so tired I typed the captcha here instead of there!

Loved reading this and that about your life. My question about your life is, why does your Mother always yell when commenting online? I'm concerned she may lose her tVoice from overusing the yelling key.

=-)