Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What lies ahead

We officially bought our house today.

Wow!! I can't believe it.

I was so nervous and trembly during the first part of the closing. I almost cried. The former lady of the house, A, the original owner, her daughter and son-in-law were there too. They are incredibly nice people. A wants to visit in the fall to see her garden again. I'm looking forward to learning more about what she has planted. I can't believe she designed and built the home and then lived there for 30 years. Wow, 30 years is a long time. I hope to live there even longer.

She told us 2 dogs are buried in the garden plot. Hum, I may plant our garden elsewhere. She wanted us to know so we wouldn't think we were digging up her late husbands body. Ha ha ha, what a character. AND, she told me to get O a dog. Boy am I glad O wasn't there to hear that. The last thing I need is someone else planting that bug in her ear. She's convinced she's getting a dog anyway. (Truthfully, my heart has softened to the idea over the years. Don't pass out mum)

After the closing, we went to the house. I arrived before LT and I breathed in the scent of my new home. Then gagged and coughed because it REALLY needs some cleaning. It's pretty stale, but I don't care. It's a beautiful place and we love so very much about it. It was nice to have a solitary moment to appreciate the feeling there.

I feel an incredible amount of peace and contentment. I wonder if that is left over from the others that loved living there or if it is my own. Either way, it is mine to plant and sow. I look forward to O playing in the dirt, harassing the goats, gathering the chickens eggs, dancing in her ballroom, doing homework, learning the law of the harvest, camping outside and on and on.

I will be posting more pictures soon. I'm excited to, over time, turn the potential we see into reality.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

PICTURES I DEMAND PICTURES (I'm yelling Pam hahahaha) AND I DEMAND THEM NOW!

Britnana4 said...

AHH NICOLE, YOU SILLY GIRL I AM NOT YELLING. I SIMPLY NEED TO T YPE LARGE SO THAT I AT LEAST KNOW I HAVE TYPED SOMETHING. SO THRILLED MELISSA, CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE YOU TRANSFORM THIS INTO YOUR HOME AND I KNOW TOGETHER THE THREE OF YOU WILL LOVE AND CARE FOR IT, DEVELOP YOUR OWN WAY OF LIVING THERE, SO THRILLED AND HAPPY FOR YOU. NOT TRULY SHOCKED THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST MENTALLY CONSIDERING A DOG. I LOVE SARAH AND WHNE OLIVIS SEES HER SHE WILL FALL IN LOVE AS WELL, ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE IS SUCH A SENSITIVE LITTLE GIRL, SHE WILL WANT TO CARRY HER EVERYWHERE ONCE SHE SEES HER WALK INTO ANY OBSTACLE. HUGS TO THE THREE OF YOU.ONCE YOU GET A BLESSING ON YOUR HOME THERE WILL BE NO NO STOPPING YOU. LOVE TO YOU MUM AKA NANA AND OF COURSE SARAH