Saturday, May 10, 2014

Barbara Soulier

My friend died on Thursday.

She was too young to die.

She was battling leukemia and was doing quite well with her treatment until, a blood vessel burst in her abdomen which eventually lead to cardiac arrest. 

I can't imagine what her family is feeling right now. Her daughter, Lisa, a friend who is dear to me, told me, "This is really hard." I wish I could be there to give her a huge hug, or hold her hand and tell her I love her. Even though we know this life isn't "the end", it still hurts when someone is gone. 

I won't be able to visit her when I am in UT this summer. I won't get a Christmas card from her or an email every couple of years. At least I can take comfort in the strength she provided when I floundered and was heartbroken. I can take comfort in the memories of sitting at her dinner table, hiking Mt. Timpanogos,  Pie Night and on and on. I know she will be missed a great deal, however, her influence will continue to affect the lives of those she touched, including mine. 

Cameron, Lisa, Barbara and Scott at our wedding dinner.


(I swiped these next ones from Karen's FB page.) 
See, even while she was fighting, she was still goofy.



What a great woman! I'm so blessed she was a part of my life. 
I love you LadyBug! 




I love you my friend, see you on the other side.

No comments: