Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I know a lot of funny people

Oh dear, there is no shortage of humor in my life. All I need to do is listen to people around me and I am entertained. Let me share some of the good ones with you.


Quotes
"I would rather jump off a cliff..... I don't need that kind of adrenaline in my bedroom!" Sarah K.

"Funniest thing I saw today? A bounce house set up on the front lawn of a nursing home. I mean, to each his own but that's got to be quite a scene!" Charly A.

"Today my professor told us we would have something to write home about. We palpated cows. I don't think my cow liked me very much. She pooped on me." Izzy

"Mom, my cookie broke! Why did you make weak cookies?" Sharon W.

"Hubby telling me about an upcoming trip...this is what I heard... "I'm going on a trip...blah blah... experimental wind turbine...blah blah...optimization... blah blah... I know stuff about science..." I mean... just tell it to me straight... how long will you be gone?"  Abbie N.

"I stole a bite of Veronica's cookie tonight and she cried so hard she puked. I guess I'm a horrible mother... or maybe I just make really good cookies." Amy H.

"I shouldn't be surprised that after feeding the baby I have Mac n' Cheese in my pants pockets." Eric F.

LT - "I like being with you, sometimes." 

LT - "You've been gone a lot this week and it's hard on me."
Me - "Really? And you wonder why I don't want you to be gone a couple of weeks at a time?"
LT - "I can respect that, now."

O Speaks
"I want a brother or sister. I want Santa Claus to bring me a brother. I wish the Easter Bunny would bring me a sister."

O - "You can't text me, you don't even know my code."
M - "Really? May I please have it?"
O - "It's 345 Olivia's page."

O - "Mom, I had a mood swing today."
M - "Really, tell me about it." I was facing away from her and started snickering because it came out of NOWHERE.
O - "I just got grumpy for no reason."

Boob Talk
O saw me when I was getting into the shower and said, "Mom, are you checking your boobies to make sure there are no bumps?" She then proceeded to instruct me on the proper way to perform a self breast exam.

This one needs an explanation. We have a door hanger from the Red Cross and on one side is a self breast exam picture with instructions and the other side has a male exam picture. LT and I always hide it from each other and have done so for over a decade. We think it's funny and we try to surprise each other. Sometimes it takes months for the other to find it. For example, last year LT put it in my tent bag so I would find it when I set up my tent for YW Camp. I've put it in his work bag or church meeting binder. Anyway, O was dusting our bedroom and found it. I had it on the top of a chest as a reminder to hide it. She brought it to me, well, first I heard her freak out, then she brought it to me. She asked about the male side because there is a pretty picture.
O - "Does dad have to do that to his tentacles? Does he have to look for bumps? Does dad do his test?" Oh dear!

This next statement may come as a shock to many of you, and Rachel P, this is along the lines of the pink make-up bag. Recently, I made hair bows with a friend. Take some time to let that sink in. Actually, I didn't make them as much as I spent time with a friend who makes them. Anyway, on to the boob story. O saw them on my desk and said, "Wouldn't it be funny if you put them on your boobies? You would have flower boobies." HA, she unknowingly discovered pasties. 

I saw a 3rd nipple for the first time in my life. It was on a guy sitting next to me on our last dive trip. It was windy and cold, so, it was noticeable. 

O came into our bed one morning to snuggle and part of that included me protecting my lofty mountains. This conversation followed;
LT - "I give you the father's curse that your daughter will be as obsessed with boobs as you are."
O - "Dad, I don't like boobs anymore."
LT - "That's too bad, you're about to get some."

This is LT's cousin, Anna. She said it was okay to share this picture. I thought it would fit quite nicely in the boob section of this post. Hooray for a zombie boob grab. 


No comments: