Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A glimpse of Djibouti

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in a Container Living Unit? I admit, I was a bit curious myself. Leighton tried to explain the CLU over the phone but it just didn't make any sense until he sent a picture. I can't imagine living in a little box for a year. He's a better man than I am, then again, I'm not a man, so that doesn't make much sense. Okay, he's a better person than I am. 

Enjoy the latest pictures of LTs adventures in D.

Inside of my CLU, view from entryway.

View from my CLU. Looking to my right, CLU ville goes on and on.

Group photo. It was a windy day. 
Lake Assal in central Djibouti. Supposedly, it's the saltiest lake in the 
world; although the Dead Sea may be saltier.

Standing on a salt island. 
(We plan on building a summer home here).
Common scene in Djibouti. Immediatly after this picture was taken, 
the locals wanted us to pay them, so we gave them a bottle of 
water, for which they were very grateful.

Scenic view on a windy day. Unfortunately, it was really hazy, 
so the view wasn't as good as usual.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Was that a Stick-up above his bed?? One of my appartments on my mission was about the same size. There's too much to see outside than worry about the extremly white walls! :) Best of Luck, LT. M, send him pictures to put on the walls. Have O color pictures or just scribble on paper. It makes great wallpaper! :)

Mariam said...

I agree with Rachel, so much white, and such a small space. It looks like he is having a great time seeing all there is to see. Pretty cool stuff. That salt island is pretty neat.

Nichole said...

hahaha fat nichole and nikkers! love it!!!!

Nichole said...

we had a weight loss group going and i wanted to call it the sexy fat chicks. nobody thought that was funny!

orangemily said...

Great pictures!

Miss M said...

Ya, I've sent him things for his walls, BUT, I'm guessing it was too gurly or valentiney, mushy love stuffy for him to put up. He does have two pictures of our family, yep, a whopping 2!!!


Nikkers, I like the name "Sexy Fat Chicks". I'm laughing it's funny.