Sunday, March 30, 2014

A little preview, and then some.

LT and I prematurely celebrated our anniversary with a nice, long trip. I know our anniversary is in May, but hey, why not celebrate it now? (Besides, we are terrible with remembering important dates and it is usually the day of or the day after that we remember. Unless we make a point of doing something, things just come and go).

We didn't tell too many people we were leaving. I still posted on FB and even updated my blog to make it appear that life was the same as always. (I had to be on the internet everyday anyway).

So, where did we go? 

Here are some clues.

The Flag looks like this.


One building looks like this.

The water looks like this.

The sand looks like this.


On the Nightstand
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
I finished and I liked it. It wasn't anything like her other novels, at least the ones I've read. I loved the beautiful way she contrasted and compared the lives of the main characters. (I'm not going to give anything away). I recommend it to anyone who likes to read about finding self and pushing against societies expectations. 

The Well of Ascension, by Brandon Sanderson
I'm only a third of the way through it and it's a lot of work. LT says it's worth it and to keep going. I hate leaving stories unfinished, so, I'll keep slogging along.  

Quotes
"I should have been a cowboy, if I can get a one-year-old dressed for a wedding, I KNOW I could have herded cats". Eric Forrest

No comments: